"Convenient Afflications" and public figures.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Boumer, Apr 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What with the sudden amnesia and other failure of memory affecting the Murdochs and assorted Tories, it seemed time to start a competition as to the most bare faced cheek to try and avoid accountability.

I play this: an MP up for £80k worth of fraud and false accounting offences in regards her expenses has raised a medical defence,

"Dr Joseph told Lewes Crown Court the stress of the proceedings and allegations she was facing made it impossible for her to participate in court proceedings.

He added that she felt feelings of abandonment by the Labour Party and shame that her career was over".

BBC News - Ex-Luton MP Margaret Moran 'not fit for trial', a court is told

Er, isn't that "I can't defend myself because I'm upset, so acquit me".

What a cracking stated case that would be!

2. Didn't wossname Saunders recover from Alzheimers, a medical incident that has never happened before or since and was hitherto thought impossible?

The most convenient affliction I can think of is how Tony 'n' Gordon were never there when dodgy things happened!

3. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Ernest Saunders.

I'm still hanging on in there for Prescott to recover from bulimia...

4. Whatever happened to Gordo ? He still draws wages as an MP , but very rarely seen in public or the House of Commons .
    Maybe he's " forgotten " he is still a serving MP .
    Do they punish AWOL MP's ?

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Yep. The Guinness shares scandal. Released from prison early with advanced Alzheimers. Two months later he was addressing the CBI and Institute of Directors.

Fergie (Man U not Gwar) walked on a charge of zooming down the breakdown lane on a motorway. Told the beak he was desperate for a piss.

6. Afflications? Sounds like the shite I have to use on my 'puter at work.

7. Looking at a random selection of voting record stats from Theyworkforyou.com, I'd say 'no'.

8. Not a solely left wing affliction. Was it not another mental case that claimed "I was on holiday at the time" when Neil Kinnock challenged her about the Govt decision to prosecute Clive Ponting?

Th eonly one I can think of that has tried not to be branded with an affliction is Jeffrey Archer's claim that he hadn't got a spotty back and he ironically ended up in gaol as result............

9. There is a reverse version of this too. Gordon Brown was/is as mad as a fish, but everybody denied it and the vested interests threatened to sue any newspapers that even hinted he may be not entirely in command of his faculties.

Twat!!

10. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

David Chaytor, Jim Devine, Elliot Morley and Lord Hanningfield tried to claim that despite committing expenses fraud, their actions were protected by parliamentary privilege.

MPs on expenses charges cite parliamentary privilege | Politics | The Guardian

They claimed that the 1689 Bill of Rights meant that only parliament could judge their case. The argument was thrown out and off to jail they went...

Wordsmith

11. Those MAOI drugs are reserved for the very barking people.

12. Should have tried "Only God can judge me", worked for Tupac!

13. Can I have some for my wife?

14. Except there's a more than fair chance she's being fitted up (again) by some other less than honest political types.