Controlling Drinking Better

Social gathering for me are a struggle with alcohol never mind without booze. And I find drunk people utterly tiresome :mrgreen:

There are very few people I choose to spend quality time with

All my family socials involve staying sober and banging out early
I'm lucky; most of my UK family are dead (many from alcoholism funnily enough) and my missis rarely drinks because she's a fitness fanatic.

And our circle of friends are either sober alkies in A.A. or fanatical runners. We meet up to do a race on a Saturday (only a parkrun this week), followed by coffee and cake. And then again on Sunday (18 miles; we're all marathon training), followed by more coffee and cake.

It's not all boring though, there's a couple of extremely fit women, with tight runner's arses, which are nice to run behind.

Sex is definitely better without the booze.

I'm lucky; most of my UK family are dead (many from alcoholism funnily enough) and my missis rarely drinks because she's a fitness fanatic.

And our circle of friends are either sober alkies in A.A. or fanatical runners. We meet up to do a race on a Saturday (only a parkrun this week), followed by coffee and cake. And then again on Sunday (18 miles; we're all marathon training), followed by more coffee and cake.

It's not all boring though, there's a couple of extremely fit women, with tight runner's arses, which are nice to run behind.

Sex is definitely better without the booze.
I agree entirely with your last two points:mrgreen:
i’d highly Recommend hot flow yoga for hard bodied, sweaty, Lycra clad hotties :bounce:

So had a night of tv viewing scheduled with the lodgers. Cracked a box of cider, three pints down, box shelved heading to bed.

Not ideal but something genuinely slowing me down/putting the brakes on

So had a night of tv viewing scheduled with the lodgers. Cracked a box of cider, three pints down, box shelved heading to bed.

Not ideal but something genuinely slowing me down/putting the brakes on
Nothing since Saturday. Decided to give it a rest after the wine on Saturday. One with the meal and one to quality check... That's rare for me. It's usually real ale.

According to a doctor I spoke to once, your liver is pretty good at regenerating itself even if you take the piss - but if you drink every night, it never gets the chance.
This as a really good program looking at binge drinking over moderate daily tipple.

Is binge drinking really that bad?

I recall that there was evidence at the end that weekend binge drinking was actually more harmful in the long term as the Liver takes a hard knock, whereas with a little bit every day, it can just about cope, although it will suffer somewhere

Can't find it on iPlayer, but I bet there's a copy out there somewhere

Interested to try the non alcoholic stuff, but little steps

I've just stepped down from old rosie to rattler as a session drink :mrgreen:

I did do a cooking lager and lime boxing night a while back(2017m) and could barely get pissed
This is my downfall. I don't go out on the lash often so when I do I hammer it hard. I tried drinking Carlsberg, Carling or other watery p1ss larger's, but all that happened was that when it came 11 and I was still coherent, I'd hammer the Stella or 1664 to make up for the time.

My trick (just after I left the mil) to stop getting wasted was to to go out more! Strange as it sounds, but getting bladdered more often made it boring and painful. Also, the frequency meant that the fun had gone out of it and meant that getting pissed became a chore, not a night of fun.

You could alternatively get married, that will definitely curb your drinking, if you marry the right nagging and will-sapping bitch though :wink:

Last edited:
In all seriousness, drink Moutai just once and you will never touch spirits again! That just leaves beer, which is containable and less likely to get you minging every night.

Moutai.jpg

Sounds rancid stuff but nonetheless so popular in China that demand has outstripped supply and pushed prices up. The World's Most Valuable Distiller Is Running Out of Liquor

I very rarely have spirits and even then not much of it.
As far back as the Civil War and earlier, Sorghum Whiskey was being made in the US and it is still made there:

Understanding the Riddle of Sorghum Whiskey - The Whiskey Wash

Any sort of whiskey or whisky, although some are very smooth, leaves me with too much of a hangover, but this stuff, within reason, is very very nice on special occasions:

As far back as the Civil War and earlier, Sorghum Whiskey was being made in the US and it is still made there:

Understanding the Riddle of Sorghum Whiskey - The Whiskey Wash

Any sort of whiskey or whisky, although some are very smooth, leaves me with too much of a hangover, but this stuff, within reason, is very very nice on special occasions:

Bundaberg is up there with Moutai for rancidness. Why oh why would an Aussie rum brand select a polar bear as a mascot?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I was told once .. if you feel the need to control your drinking you probebly have a problem . I did and I have .