Control Shutdown at Sellafield.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dontenn, Mar 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sky News just reported an incident at Sellafield, the plant is going through Controlled shut down.
    Hope its not serious it only 60 miles away.
  2. According to the BBC - due to the weather. So, probably means that the workforce cant get in due to the snow
  3. My brother works there, when he's not fetching people from the sea. He's not answering his phone.
  4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

That's nothing to do with the incident. He just doesn't want to talk to you
    • Like Like x 5
  5. You'll be fine. Just make sure you have your camera ready for "the self taken photo thread".

6. I wonder how many eager reporters are flocking to the area, non if they have any sense.
  7. They better use hard knot pass its the quickest way.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. They ought to be flocking to the Department of Energy and Climate Change and demanding answers to the fiasco in policy that has allowed this to happen:

BBC News - UK gas prices surge on supply fears
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bellend.

He's just called me back. He was on mornings and can't tell me anymore about the incident.
  10. From the BBC

More from Karl Connor, spokesman at Sellafield: "The shutdown has nothing to do with the work here at the site. This is purely a safety issue because of the high winds and snow, we want our 8,500 workers to go early and get home safely."

11. Seems strange to turn the lights out cos of the weather.
  12. Is there a Drama Queen at large?
  13. Think of the money you'll save on your light bill with your new glow in the dark home!