Contrived TV Programmes.

Curse of Oak Island. Usually provokes shouting at the telly. Anything similar where they mangle and misquote history is just as bad.

Mountain Monsters is hilarious too. Impossible, nonsense and fake… but hilarious

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Iirc there was a documentary thing about United Utilities going around the North West doing drains, blockages and stuff.
Most of it seemed to be blokes turn up, give the job three coats of looking at, and report it for further action by another team “better equipped to deal with the problem” Meanwhile Mary is left ankle deep in the neighbours sewage because Bob the builder poured concrete down the drain. Or they then declare the drain does not belong to UU so the home owners needs a private firm to sort it.
Probably ex-Sappers.

[Sets stopwatch running...]

EddieVDog

Clanker
Curse of Oak Island. Usually provokes shouting at the telly. Anything similar where they mangle and misquote history is just as bad.

Mountain Monsters is hilarious too. Impossible, nonsense and fake… but hilarious
curse of oak island, you could watch this till the cows come home and it's always the same, find something interesting that says they're close, then a whole load of nothing.....repeat for next episode etc,

TamH70

MIA
Pawn Stars both grips my shit and holds my interest in equal fashion when I watch it. I had to wean myself away from the show as I was obsessed by how much the buyers and sellers of tat were being screwed by the owners and workers, who collectively had decades of experience in buying and selling tat.

Still loads better than Storage Hunters: UK. That show is just dire.

curse of oak island, you could watch this till the cows come home and it's always the same, find something interesting that says they're close, then a whole load of nothing.....repeat for next episode etc,
The absolute belmer 'Metal Detectorist' does my head in.

Issi

LE
My OH watches American cooking competitions.

Every thing they do in the kitchen, involves a studio cut to them saying-

“So, I just had to whip up the cream, prepare the salmon etc”

And then they cut back to them whipping cream and preparing the salmon.

What makes it worse is the 5 minutes of ‘Coming up on this show.....’ which is repeated before and after every advert break, just in case you’ve suffered a series of strokes while watching the programme.

DSJ

LE
Piers Morgan 'Life stories'. Formatted to fcuk (tough family life, tear squeezed out at some point, 'controversial' question asked) and it still needs the requisite space to fit the fat cvnt's ego in, as well.

Suggest they reformat it - Piers Morgan interviews James Corden whilst walking through an unmarked minefield.

River Hunters. Loud attention whore and his drippy Yank boyfriend. The homoerotic bellthronkery is fucking cringingly embarrassing.

The relevant BAFTA Category.
REALITY & CONSTRUCTED FACTUAL
  • MASTERCHEF: THE PROFESSIONALS David Ambler, Katie Attwood, Genevieve Welch, Anthony Crumpton - Shine TV/BBC One
  • RACE ACROSS THE WORLD Production Team - Studio Lambert/BBC Two
  • THE SCHOOL THAT TRIED TO END RACISM Production Team - Proper Content/Channel 4
  • THE WRITE OFFS Production Team - Shine TV/Channel 4

All the Bear Grills stuff. Some other bugger was doing all the same shít as him but carrying a bloody great camera as well.

Viz:

Grills [to camera]: "Conventional wisdom says that, in an emergency situation like this, you follow the river downstream and don't venture into the hinterland. The river will emerge somewhere, and that's likely to be near civilisation. That, or any search party is more likely to be able to find you more quickly, if at all. But I don't have time for that. Instead, I'm going to head off into the mangroves and see if I can find a road or a settlement."

Cameraman [quietly to himself]: "Oh, you cünt..."

In contrast to that the Ed Stafford stuff is excellent. You know it’s genuine when he has to call it in and get extracted before completing his mission, because otherwise he’s going to die.

The same with the Steve Backshall, exploring places on earth that haven’t been explored. I find that amazing in this day and age.

The only problem is that it’s hidden away on crappy back channels.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
In contrast to that the Ed Stafford stuff is excellent. You know it’s genuine when he has to call it in and get extracted before completing his mission, because otherwise he’s going to die.

The same with the Steve Backshall, exploring places on earth that haven’t been explored. I find that amazing in this day and age.

The only problem is that it’s hidden away on crappy back channels.
Not seen the Ed Stafford stuff but agree wholeheartedly on Steve Backshall.

Latest Threads