Contrived TV Programmes.

As much as I enjoy watching Police Interceptors, or Traffic Cops and other of their ilk. A little bit of me wonders if there is actually a Police Force, Ambulance or Fire Service that hasn't got a camera crew attached to them.

As much as I enjoy watching Police Interceptors, or Traffic Cops and other of their ilk. A little bit of me wonders if there is actually a Police Force, Ambulance or Fire Service that hasn't got a camera crew attached to them.
Or if the police forces various have invested in Subaru Imprezas just to keep Jamie Theakston in employ.

I offer this piece of contrived runny dog shit produced by the CBC in 2007 about Canada in the Great War, where Justin Trudeau played the role of Talbot Papineau, along with 4 people who were descendents of people who served.

I hated every single second of this "documentary", as all the producers were trying to do was to show how Canada led the way, despite being "colonials"
First episode.

I've shit better than this.

Last edited:
MOD Plod?

I don't know why they don't just homogenise the whole lot into one big show: My Big Fat Underground Forgotten Homosexual Nazi Base Restoration. Two crossdressing lushes take a roadtrip around the antique garden centres of rural Alaska in a Triumph Herald, meeting fishermen, gold diggers and storage auctioneers along the way... before being anally probed by swamp people.

I don't know why they don't just homogenise the whole lot into one big show: My Big Fat Underground Forgotten Homosexual Nazi Base Restoration. Two crossdressing lushes take a roadtrip around the antique garden centres of rural Alaska in a Triumph Herald, meeting fishermen, gold diggers and storage auctioneers along the way... before being anally probed by swamp people.
I find myself strangely attracted by the programme title and synopsis. :)

I seem to recall Lincolnshire Constabulary revealing that they had been paid over £100k to allow camera crews to accompany. Apparently it all goes back into the copper's coffers to run the force.

They are mainly a pain in the eyes and ears on account of being paid actors / people who are trying to act out to make themselves famous

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I offer this piece of contrived runny dog shit produced by the CBC in 2007 about Canada in the Great War, where Justin Trudeau played the role of Talbot Papineau, along with 4 people who were descendents of people who served.

I hated every single second of this "documentary", as all the producers were trying to do was to show how Canada led the way, despite being "colonials"
First episode.

I've shit better than this.

"The First World War" series on PBS America on the other hand is excellent.

Awol

LE
SAS Who Dares Wins.

Overall, I like it. It’s almost impossible to fake the pain of untrained civilians running, with 35lb Bergens, up a 200 metre high sand dune in 40 degree heat, or the courage required in abseiling off a 100 metre high water tower.

But, when the participants are then taken for ‘interrogation’ (with the overtly caring DS), why does every single one have an horrific back story? We’ve heard of parental suicides, nearly fatal drug abuse, mental illnessses, Trans issues, broken homes and the worst, some poor bloke whose little sister was killed at the Manchester bombing.

There doesn’t appear to be a single person who hasn’t suffered some horrendous emotional trauma. Where are the normal people? There has to be some in there somewhere. It’s obvious that the producers are only selecting those with severe emotional baggage to spice up the programme. Which is more than a bit sad on several levels.

Another thing which grips my shït is the head instructor (Rudy?). He struts around bandy legged like he’s on a cat walk, with his oh-so-perfect hair flopping about in the wind. The other guys don’t act like it, but this bloke obviously fancies himself more than any woman he’s ever seen. His teeshirts are always two sizes too small for some reason, the egotistical, poncy git.

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
SAS Who Dares Wins.

Overall, I like it. It’s almost impossible to fake the pain of untrained civilians running, with 35lb Bergens, up a 200 metre high sand dune in 40 degree heat, or the courage required in abseiling off a 100 metre high water tower.

But, when the participants are then taken for ‘interrogation’ (with the overtly caring DS), why does every single one have an horrific back story? We’ve heard of parental suicides, nearly fatal drug abuse, mental illnessses, Trans issues, broken homes and the worst, some poor bloke whose little sister was killed at the Manchester bombing.

There doesn’t appear to be a single person who hasn’t suffered some horrendous emotional trauma. Where are the normal people? There has to be some in there somewhere. It’s obvious that the producers are only selecting those with severe emotional baggage to spice up the programme. Which is more than a bit sad on several levels.

Another thing which grips my shït is the head instructor (Rudy?). He struts around bandy legged like he’s on a cat walk, with his oh-so-perfect hair flopping about in the wind. The other guys don’t act like it, but this bloke obviously fancies himself more than any woman he’s ever seen. His teeshirts are always two sizes too small for some reason, the egotistical poncy git.
Normal people do not make good telly in the eyes of people making things for the telly.

SAS Who Dares Wins.

Another thing which grips my shït is the head instructor (Rudy?). He struts around bandy legged like he’s on a cat walk, with his oh-so-perfect hair flopping about in the wind. The other guys don’t act like it, but this bloke obviously fancies himself more than any woman he’s ever seen. His teeshirts are always two sizes too small for some reason, the egotistical, poncy git.
Rudy Reyes, is it? He is an actor and former USMC. He actually played himself in Generation Kill.

Awol

LE
Rudy Reyes, is it? He is an actor and former USMC. He actually played himself in Generation Kill.
Dunno, they don’t reveal surnames for obvious reasons. He is described as ‘Special Forces’, but that description is now used by just about ever single American on TV, although in Rudy’s case I’m sure it’s accurate.

I’m not doubting his ability for one second, I just don’t like his vanity.

Dunno, they don’t reveal surnames for obvious reasons. He is described as ‘Special Forces’, but that description is now used by just about ever single American on TV, although in Rudy’s case I’m sure it’s accurate.

I’m not doubting his ability for one second, I just don’t like his vanity.
Genuine question.
How does being in the usmc qualify him to be an authority on all things SAS?
aren't they the American version of our 'chunkies'?
I have tried watching these shows, I just can't get into them. Perhaps the producers are looking at the septic market by having two (?) Yanks take the lead.

I have tried watching these shows, I just can't get into them. Perhaps the producers are looking at the septic market by having two (?) Yanks take the lead.
What finished me with these narcissists was when after nearly f****** drowning her they kept on bullying anthea Turner by screaming at her....she's about 60 yrs old you twats.

wheel

LE
I think the difference between the old and new TGs is that the humour in the original was entirely natural, whereas the humour in the latest incarnation is entirely forced.
Of course Jeremy did not write the scripts at all no siree it was all natural banter and of course JC (no not that one) won all the races through hard work and merit.

Normal people do not make good telly in the eyes of people making things for the telly.
The Repair Shop is nearly as bad. Every stick of furniture ,suitcase or teddy bear has some amazing history which seem to be the cue for all the presenters to show great empathy for aunty Ethels bed pan.
Tossers.