Contrived TV Programmes.

Andy Farman

On ROPS
On ROPs
I haven’t got Netflix, but I know that Discovery was groundbreaking when it began. The public in the US (initially) were crying out for a channel that produced decent documentaries and Discovery arrived at just the right time.

For the first ten years their documentaries were on a par with the best of what the BBC could offer, but then they started on a downward trajectory and now they are producing some of the worst out there.
Considering the age of the USA as a nation they would have run out of topics rather fast.
Quick, sign up a Vegas hooker, get her a HGV licence, get her on an icy road in Alaska before it thaws, then write some scripts about fishing/crabbing/lumberjacks/gold mining and make sure they all have the words "If we don't ______ this week we'll be ruined" in every episode.

Troy

LE
Funnily enough, no.

Fun Fact Time - there IS a Golden Rivet in the Engine Room of the Royal Yacht Britannia.
Actually, not quite golden. When the young Princess Anne overheard talk of the golden rivet, she asked to see it. As they carried some gold leaf in the stores for touch-up type repairs, they simply gilded a rivet to show her.

Actually, not quite golden. When the young Princess Anne overheard talk of the golden rivet, she asked to see it. As they carried some gold leaf in the stores for touch-up type repairs, they simply gilded a rivet to show her.
Sorry, my bad........ I should have said 'Golden Coloured Rivet'. Not to mention that a real golden rivet would not have the required tensile or shear strengths required.

I had for many years a square of the gold leaf that had been given to me. I still have a HMRY Pusser's Rum bottle.

I used to like Alaska The Last Frontier but that is contrived after the first few series. Seems to be the way of things. Mainly just watch it for fantasizing about living off grid with Eve Kilcher (the one on the right, my right, the one not wearing a hat):

28E34AFA-82D1-4D92-AA16-800AF7D3E7F6.jpeg

The one I don’t mind at the moment is life below zero, there is a guy on that called Glen Viellneuve who seems pretty tough and real.

I haven’t got Netflix, but I know that Discovery was groundbreaking when it began. The public in the US (initially) were crying out for a channel that produced decent documentaries and Discovery arrived at just the right time.

For the first ten years their documentaries were on a par with the best of what the BBC could offer, but then they started on a downward trajectory and now they are producing some of the worst out there.
They realised that it is what American audiences want and, at the end of the day, all they really care about are viewing figures as that has a direct correlation to advertising revenue.

syrup

LE
Considering the age of the USA as a nation they would have run out of topics rather fast.
Quick, sign up a Vegas hooker, get her a HGV licence, get her on an icy road in Alaska before it thaws, then write some scripts about fishing/crabbing/lumberjacks/gold mining and make sure they all have the words "If we don't ______ this week we'll be ruined" in every episode.

IIRC they had to make more programmes where they took the ice road truckers to dangerous roads around the world
This was due to the fact that they soon got banned form the ice roads for a number of offences showing them running about like loons chasing the money when it was all actually planned loads

Andy Farman

On ROPS
On ROPs
IIRC they had to make more programmes where they took the ice road truckers to dangerous roads around the world
This was due to the fact that they soon got banned form the ice roads for a number of offences showing them running about like loons chasing the money when it was all actually planned loads
Wasn't it one of the Thailand dangerous roads cast who genuinely kidnapped 'Lisa' aka 'Snow White' a vegas stripper and hooker? Was that 'Lisa', the Lisa Kelly ice roads girlie? YouTube seemed to say it was. After dispensing a BJ to Tim Zickuhr he unwisely gave Lisa his cashpoint card to withdraw $80 for that service but she withdrew $1000 and had it on her toes. He had her tied up in a motel room while trying to pimp her out on Craigslist to recoup the dosh when the Vegas old bill put the door in.
History Channel declined to comment, sayeth the YouTube fella.

Awol

LE
You’ve not seen May’s cooking program then.
All cooking programmes are wânk. It’s a fact of life. Why anyone would spend hundreds of thousands of pounds pointing a very expensive camera, operated by a very expensive operator, at a saucepan full of boiling water for an hour is beyond me.

In that hour any viewer can have slipped outside, nipped down to his local caff, and had a full English for less than four quid.

Anything else is just pretentious böllocks.

Wasn't it one of the Thailand dangerous roads cast who genuinely kidnapped 'Lisa' aka 'Snow White' a vegas stripper and hooker? Was that 'Lisa', the Lisa Kelly ice roads girlie? YouTube seemed to say it was. After dispensing a BJ to Tim Zickuhr he unwisely gave Lisa his cashpoint card to withdraw $80 for that service but she withdrew $1000 and had it on her toes. He had her tied up in a motel room while trying to pimp her out on Craigslist to recoup the dosh when the Vegas old bill put the door in.
History Channel declined to comment, sayeth the YouTube fella.
Different Lisa it seems

Lisa Kelly, before she got chunky, was quite attractive

Andy Farman

On ROPS
On ROPs
Different Lisa it seems

Lisa Kelly, before she got chunky, was quite attractive
Pretty much removed from totty trucker top ten by Barbie , not that her spray on jeans and maintenance tips at 3:40 have any influence on that of course

Barbie on First Parading her truck