Contrived TV Programmes.

The Guardian don't like it.

This feckin woman obviously hates Clarkson and must have been expecting a serious farming show instead of a tongue in cheek bit of humour. Stupid cow.

Screenshot_20210621-130638_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Augustus

War Hero
Its better than the newer "Mike brewer barely makes a profit on a car" show. The old wheeler dealer shows were good. Loads of info about how they did the various repairs and upgrades. The old one did suffer with blobby brewer appearing too often (him being in it at all for example)

In the old and new shows they spend many, many hours working on it, advertise the car for 20k more than the cost of the car and parts, then accept an offer that gives them a minimal profit.

Also did I mention it suffers from having Mike brewer in it?

If I happen to catch a Mike Brewer programme whilst flicking I like to carbon date it by seeing how fat he is………

I watched this yesterday and today, it was really good and has changed my view on the guy for the better. It was pretty funny and well worth a watch.
I'm watching it and the pandemic has just arrived. Yes it's Jezza doing what Jezza does - chaos. However, it has opened my eyes to the cost and bureaucracy/interference involved with farming. I think it's great and hope it goes 'mainstream' so it reaches a larger audience.

I'm thinking that bird at the Grauniad isn't too keen............

It would appear the Mail has different views on Jezza's farm!!

This feckin woman obviously hates Clarkson and must have been expecting a serious farming show instead of a tongue in cheek bit of humour. Stupid cow.

View attachment 583269

...or "Tractoring" like Jeremy called it.

I'm enjoying it and I wouldn't have been the biggest Clarkson fan before. Its also slyly educational passing over a lot of information by disguising it as Jeremy arguing with Bo Peep the torturer, Cheerful Charlie and Kaleb (a straightforward 21 year old grafter who takes pride in his work, show me another one of those on TV at the moment).

Truxx

LE
...or "Tractoring" like Jeremy called it.

I'm enjoying it and I wouldn't have been the biggest Clarkson fan before. Its also slyly educational passing over a lot of information by disguising it as Jeremy arguing with Bo Peep the torturer, Cheerful Charlie and Kaleb (a straightforward 21 year old grafter who takes pride in his work, show me another one of those on TV at the moment).
I thought it was really rather good.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
American chopper.
The older one trying to infer he had some connection to the Vietnam vets and dressing like a **** at his age.
And the son who tries to come across as intelligent with his affected speaking style and using all the big words in the wrong context.
As for the father and son animosity for the cameras? Let's not go there.
********* the pair of them.

TamH70

MIA
American chopper.
The older one trying to infer he had some connection to the Vietnam vets and dressing like a **** at his age.
And the son who tries to come across as intelligent with his affected speaking style and using all the big words in the wrong context.
Paul Teutel Sr. served with the U.S Merchant Marine during the Vietnam War - what he got up to in that organization in his time in service whilst the conflict was up and running l have no idea.

He may have spent it shuttling ping -pong balls from Portland to Penzance, or he may have been shipping guns, bombs and bullets to the grunts on the ground, but either way he wore the uniform, or at least A uniform in a time of war.

But you're right about his dress sense - it is atrocious.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
American chopper.
Well apart from the fact there was a severely acrimonious split with lawsuits and everything re the animosity, the rest yup

Paul Teutel Sr. served with the U.S Merchant Marine during the Vietnam War - what he got up to in that organization in his time in service whilst the conflict was up and running l have no idea.

He may have spent it shuttling ping -pong balls from Portland to Penzance, or he may have been shipping guns, bombs and bullets to the grunts on the ground, but either way he wore the uniform, or at least A uniform in a time of war.

But you're right about his dress sense - it is atrocious.
Oh I didn't know he actually served, I should have checked I suppose, I just dislike him and had him down as a draft Dodger.he comes across as a bit of a roider bully.

syrup

LE
You’ll get me ranting about Ed China and his army of see-through assistants next.

Ed off course is invisible at the end when Fat Boy does the totalling up.

We bought the car for this spent this on it and it owes us 9k.
Completely forgetting all the work Ed did on it that would cost a normal person £25 p/h because the everyday easy to repairs Ed does can't be done by the normal bloke.

This would cost £500 in a garage but if you do it yourself it'll save you that money
Let me just wheel round my £5k computerised tuning system and lift the car up onto the ramp then I can play with it

Awol

LE
Ed off course is invisible at the end when Fat Boy does the totalling up.

We bought the car for this spent this on it and it owes us 9k.
Completely forgetting all the work Ed did on it that would cost a normal person £25 p/h because the everyday easy to repairs Ed does can't be done by the normal bloke.

This would cost £500 in a garage but if you do it yourself it'll save you that money
Let me just wheel round my £5k computerised tuning system and lift the car up onto the ramp then I can play with it
I think that the programme is aimed at the competent home mechanic who can probably do most of the stuff Edd does once the oily bits are on the bench.

But you’re absolutely right, most of it is impossible for the home mechanic simply because he doesn’t have a ramp (most of the computerised stuff can be sorted with a thirty quid OBD jobby).

Take my van.... needs a new exhaust front pipe. Held on with two nuts, one at each end. I just can’t get to them from underneath whilst I’m lying in a puddle with zero clearance above my nose. I can’t bend my elbows enough either. On a ramp, it’s a twenty minute job, so off to a garage it goes.

Latest Threads