Contributors wanted for DNA Stories tv series

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EHTV, Jun 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a researcher on the SMG Productions (Glasgow) television show called 'DNA Stories', and we are looking for people to take part in the programme which helps people trace long-lost relatives through DNA testing.

Due to air in October on Sky Real Lives, it is presented by Lorraine Kelly and this is the second series of the programme. It is filmed in a private studio with no audience, so is designed to be as 'non-conflict' as possible.

We have already been contacted by ex-servicemen looking to reunite with lost family members, as well as a number of American GIs and their relatives.

The creators of this website were contacted and gave permission for this thread to be posted. (Friends who work for the Military recommended the site.)

If you are interested in appearing in DNA Stories or finding out more information, please email or call 0871 827 5020.

2. Can I have a go on lorraine if I volunteer
  3. You could give certainly donate her some DNA.
  4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I require 1st class travel, 5 star hotel with 2 bottles of champagne in every room of my suite each day, a free minibar, expenses paid meals, a Limo, suitable renumeration for my time, repeat royalties and a packet of Skips.

PM me with details
  5. SMG Scottish media group.
    Jings min ,You'll get a tin of Iron Bru and a deep fried Mars bar !

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I'll swap that for the skips (at a push)
  7. My Grandfather was billeted with a Jewish Brewers family during WW2, I think he was in South Africa at the time. To cut a short story shorter, he got their teenage daughter up the duff with twins. Before the shot gun wedding he was transfered some where else. I would really like to know what brewry it was so I can try and blag some free beer. *

*True story, twins were boys.
  8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I know EHTV well (nice lass) and the request is a genuine one from one of the more reputable companies out there.

Anyone willing to help? Your chance now to disprove that theory that you are the son of a bitch your father always said you were :D
  9. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Nice one LVH. This is the stuff that dits are made of.
  10. In my case, it would be an easy search. I don't have a family tree, it's more of a stump!
  11. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

In East Angular it would be easy. Family trees have no branches, just a single line.
  12. My Mum only found out about them when my Gran died in 2003, family secrets!
    My Family is full of bastards, I some times wonder if my Dad every had kids with any of his many many mistresses.