• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Contribute to pension

Is there a scheme with the Army pension where I can pay into it personally?

Well aware the normal Army pension is paid for me, but can I top this up or would I need to go private? I asked my recruiter and got a bit of a blank stare and a booklet that didn't help. 8O

Any rough guidelines would be great.

Gust.Avrakotos said:
Is there a scheme with the Army pension where I can pay into it personally?

Well aware the normal Army pension is paid for me, but can I top this up or would I need to go private? I asked my recruiter and got a bit of a blank stare and a booklet that didn't help. 8O

Any rough guidelines would be great.
It used to be that you could buy AVCs to top it up if you earned more than the average teddy bear; doctors, pilots and solicitors, IIRC. But the Government reorganised the pension world a couple of years ago, and I haven't managed to keep up.

Litotes

Latest Threads