Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Question?.....

Chatting with the lads today about how our pension has been changed and also some people's pay scales without any disregard for the lads and lasses in the Army.
Is the MOD right to change the contract that we joined up on? Surely if your contract is changed you should have the choice to accept it or ask for redundancy?

His profile tells me that he's 38.

Jeezus H . . .
So potentially, he has served for over 20 years. He/she is well within their right to ask the question. Don't you think?
When the train companies tried to interfere with the T&Cs of their employees, they were given short shrift by the public.
I think that the public needs to know about what HMG is doing to Forces pensions.
Just my tuppence worth mate.

So potentially, he has served for over 20 years. He/she is well within their right to ask the question. Don't you think?
When the train companies tried to interfere with the T&Cs of their employees, they were given short shrift by the public.
I think that the public needs to know about what HMG is doing to Forces pensions.
Just my tuppence worth mate.
As you say, he is well 'within his right' to ask the question but is Arrse the right place for something as important to him as his terms of service and rates of pay?

Sound more like somebody on a fishing trip than a soldier of some service just joining Arrse to ask that particular question.

Question?.....

Chatting with the lads today about how our pension has been changed and also some people's pay scales without any disregard for the lads and lasses in the Army.
Is the MOD right to change the contract that we joined up on? Surely if your contract is changed you should have the choice to accept it or ask for redundancy?
What contract was it that you joined up on?

What contract was it that you joined up on?
@stacker1 is right on the money (for once :p).
Regulars sign to say that they will serve in return for compensation (Pay, Pension, Leave, TOS, Etc) as determined by the MoD, there is no contract of employment.
Pretty sure it is different for NRPS, FTRS or whatever they are called this week.
Christ, I can actually remember sitting in one of the Trg Wing classrooms at Deepcut signing my life away in March 87, but have trouble remembering what I had for dinner last night.