Contraceptives in methadone

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Fang_Farrier, May 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

2. So that's why Glen Morangie is the Glen of Tranquillity.

Somebody has been putting something in the whisky.
  3. Fang_Farrier

Aye, in my case, more whisky!

4. No room for clothes then?

Fcuk all wrong with that.
  5. On a serious note, isn't this the sort of thing that was tried in Canada in the seventies when they sterilised supposedly mentally disabled women?

I think the court cases are still going on.
  6. Fang_Farrier

go further back to USA and Sweden in 1920's and 30's is called Eugenics, was carried to it's extreme in Germany in early 1940's.
  7. Didn't Australia have a dabble at it as well?
  8. The thin edge of the wedge!

If we start on druggies, where does it stop? Gypsies, chav's, poor people, disabled people?

How can we as a civilised society contemplate taking away the most basic of human rights (after the right to life i suppose :? )?
  9. Fang_Farrier

More than likely, eugenics was a popular theory.
  10. Now you mention it... :lol:
  11. Fang_Farrier

Whose rights?

those of the Druggie to bring a child into a world where there is a high risk of lack of care

or those to protect an unborn child?
  12. There are women desperate enough to have IVF treatment and be able to push babykins down to the post office to collect her pension and yet there are those that have children and then starve them to death or beat them to a pulp.

Its just a question of how normal the rest of normal society is.

Not very sometimes.
  13. He isn't talking steralisation though he's talking contraceptives. Something i'm sure doesn't even enter the head of methadone users.

I would, for the sake of any unborn children. It's not taking away anything from them perminently just through the period of recovery

Please don't bite me :lol:
  14. Why not methadone in contraceptives?

You can be happy AND responsible.
  15. It would be fairly simple to get most addicts to voluntarily agree to it (I know this, I've worked in a pharmacy where they supply methadone), but then you get them thinking "hey, I'm protected, i can shag who I want" and the associated spread of disease. It's a nice idea, but needs working out properly so can't see it happening.