Contraception pill in the army..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm in the process of applying but just having a thought about the contraception pill I'm on and how it'd affect me in training.
I don't take it for protection but to stop my cramps etc so would it be an issue if I was to take them with me when we're out overnight on an exercise for example, and quickly take it with some water or is there a rule on taking medication out with you?

I'd really appreciate only serious responses to this please as it's a big deal to me, I need to take the pill or I'd be in agony during shark week soo...

Thanks for any help!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
would it be an issue if I was to take them with me when we're out overnight on an exercise for example, and quickly take it with some water
I wouldn't think so: I had to take pills for my condition* every day and that wasn't something which presented any perceivable difficulty.

*Speculation on the nature of it will be viewed unfavourably.

Hi I'm in the process of applying but just having a thought about the contraception pill I'm on and how it'd affect me in training.
I don't take it for protection but to stop my cramps etc so would it be an issue if I was to take them with me when we're out overnight on an exercise for example, and quickly take it with some water or is there a rule on taking medication out with you?

I'd really appreciate only serious responses to this please as it's a big deal to me, I need to take the pill or I'd be in agony during shark week soo...

Thanks for any help!
You’re not the first Doris to deal with this and you won’t be the last.

It won’t be a problem.

I wouldn't think so: I had to take pills for my condition* every day and that wasn't something which presented any perceivable difficulty.

*Speculation on the nature of it will be viewed unfavourably.
Even private speculation? 8O

Katy, like they say it shouldn't be a problem but possibly the best thing to do when you arrive is talk to your instructors who will have been through this before and should be able to help better than us hairy examples of humanity.
Also you might find it an idea to request an interview with the base Medical Officer so that he/she is aware of your condition and can advise correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.