Continuance Rules past 22 year point- ealry release?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by bigwheels280, Feb 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All, can anyone assist for early release whilst on Continuance past my 22 yr point. I have had a job offer and my new ROD is April 2011 for Cont.. Can i leave early if offered this job? What is the notice to leave whilst on Continuance? Many thanks :desertsoldier:

2. It will depend on your trade and cap badge. But, many elements of the Army are trying to shrink quickly and will offer a rapid discharge. Speak to your RCMO, there are measures to allow many trades to get out remarkably quickly.

3. Put you NTT in on JPA and write a letter via your CC requesting early release. It will take a minimum of 6 weeks to sort all the admin bowllocks out. Make sure that you apply to your pension as well on JPA.

Utmostly it would be to your benefit to get written confirmation of the job offer to back up the begging letter.

Good Luck.

4. Excellent news. So waiting for the Job offer in writing and see what happens . Only concern is at the ''Interview ''when can you start question?
    What do I say without losing the job to the next person who can start next month! Thanks for your advice

5. Fella,

If your the right bloke for the job they'll keep the position for you. 6 weeks isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things.
    Best of luck

6. I am in the same situation, If you speak to your CC there is a form to fill out for early release and the soonest you can go is 2 months, but then you loose all resettlement.

Hope this helps

7. Thank you all for the tips. So I will speak to CC and see what happens. if I do not take the job at least I have another chance for Resettlement second time round. I'll wait and see over the next few days. The Job offer was a phone call to me from the HR Manager asking would accept wage £...

Again many thanks