Contents of a 'Go-Pack'

I'm sure Californians will be OK, with their assault weapon bans, bullet buttons and 10 rd magazines, that'll keep them safe.
Nevada should extend the border fence to the North and then sell tickets to poke the Californians through the fence with a stick. - Bugger, beaten to it..............must be a good idea.
I'm sure many of them will not even notice the earthquake what with all the medical weed grown, sold and consumed there.

They are already stealth relocating. I see many California plates on cars here in Dallas and down in Austin. Toyota upped sticks from Irvine, California, to Dallas, something like 6000 US head office jobs. Then there are all the IT/IS companies that have moved here, or are moving here from California and Dallas is definitely on the Amazon short list for their HQ2 location.

With Mrs Effendi doing HR she is involved in contingency planning and whilst not shouted about loudly there are hushed whispers mentioning impending natural disasters on the west coast as reasons for mirror locations.
If anything happens they will also flood to Colorado, and some will make their way up North. I think Game and Fish should be issuing tags to keep the pest population at a minimum.. At least when Yellowstone goes we will just die quickly and save us the indignity of having to move.....

I would also stash a Glock 26/36 with a spare mag. Part of the problem out here is large stray bitey dogs and other other 4 legged critters.
Rabies and sh@t like that a problem out where you are ? If so, a 12g semi auto shotgun sounds better!

Especially if by being four legged critters that includes meth heads and crack fiends crawling about the place.
Didn't think the Mogrel mob was that much of a problem out in G-dsown ?

Rabies and sh@t like that a problem out where you are ? If so, a 12g semi auto shotgun sounds better!
The 12 gauge is a great tool! Works wonders on some things just a bit hard to squeeze into a pack.
However besides large dogs, we have yotes, cougars, skunks, and trash pandas.

The 12 gauge is a great tool! Works wonders on some things just a bit hard to squeeze into a pack.
Fair one. I know of someone who had a nice little Beretta 84 for that.

I felt pretty comfortable walking around the training area at Gagetown in Canada. That was until I came upon sign from a big F off bear that was as fresh as it gets. The guys we were observing were carrying live, we weren't. I found comfort in the fact that although I wasn't the fastest in the group, most importantly I was by no means the slowest.

I felt pretty comfortable walking around the training area at Gagetown in Canada. That was until I came upon sign from a big F off bear that was as fresh as it gets. The guys we were observing were carrying live, we weren't. I found comfort in the fact that although I wasn't the fastest in the group, most importantly I was by no means the slowest.
You just have to trip somebody and apologize on the way past them. Moose are actually another creature to watch out. Mean big bastards they are.

We had some Canadian Army Combat camera pers with us. A couple were short set, roundish females. They were definitely slower and a more attractive meal to a bear. The local guys we were with mentioned they were just as weary of moose as they are with bears.

We had some Canadian Army Combat camera pers with us. A couple were short set, roundish females. They were definitely slower and a more attractive meal to a bear. The local guys we were with mentioned they were just as weary of moose as they are with bears.
Oh save the females! Sacrifice an officer! I am sure you have a few useless Majors around!

Eh? He's quite happy fishing, hunting and all sorts.

It is not all just digging up roots and eating berries.
Fair enough! You learn something every day. I've never seen him do that and when he used to be part of delivering courses to sections of the military, that wasn't what he was teaching. Although he was really, really dull.

Fair enough! You learn something every day. I've never seen him do that and when he used to be part of delivering courses to sections of the military, that wasn't what he was teaching. Although he was really, really dull.
The foraging he was teaching was probably based on the premise that the lads receiving the benefit of his largesse (ha! I was once told what his day rate to MoD was some years ago) were on the hoof rather than in static locations. An acquaintance of mine told me he was hoofing it so much that over 5 days he basically managed to lick dew of grass and chew some dandelions, towards the end he happened on an occupied picnic site. He observed in the expectation that mum's and dad's would drop everything neatly in the waste bins - he was right, and in the evening enjoyed a feast of half-eaten sandwiches and half drunk bottles of t1zer and irn-bru. Mear's had done part of his training - before or after that course, can't remember.

But Mears does a nice salmon, or bambi if time and location allows - as an FYI you very, very, rarely see him at his own school, so don't book there if expecting a few days with Ray. I looked for the lad and lass about 8 years ago and ended up going elsewhere for the duration. Good experience for them, shelter building, foraging, fire making, not washing.