Contents of a 'Go-Pack'

Real world says differently old bean. A go pack is akin to a life preserver in the ocean out here, even an INCH bag will only get one so far.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The big city folks will be the first to be screwed, the country folk will hang a bit longer. Different mindsets make a huge difference.
Indeed, we’ll be heading for the seaside hovel at the first hint of bother. I can almost guarantee where the first barricades will go up.
‘Are you from round here friend’?

It's not in their catalogue yet, but one of the things I saw at the SHOT show was a case prep press Dillon are working on. It was based on a 550 with a case feeder, it deprimes, swages and trims the cases.

I know of a few guys who run 1050s, but I found that it can be very fiddly to set up and prone to jamming if not right. Also a lot longer to do a calibre change compared to the 650. 1050's great if all you are doing is mass producing one calibre.
Had a look on their stand at the IWA and did not see it there, I shall keep an eye out for it.

I will probably still go for a 1050 though - there is a 2 month old one locally that the bloke is getting shot of as he decided after spending all the money that he does not like reloading - nice discount. My mate John runs one for his 9mm exclusively, like me he likes shooting, but hates the wasted time of reloading.

Ah my bad, I thought you were talking about a Dillon Aero XM214* (M134 in 5.56mm**), rather than a Dillon press

*doesn't actually exist - only GE did experimental ones
**which would also need 12 1/2 hrs of reloading for 1minute fire at highest rate
I'd love an Aero, just as an ornament, had a hand on and unloaded one once under the eye of Mike Dillon (RIP).

It used to be two weeks was regarded as a breathing space before the collapse of civilisation, this was the standard line post ww2 and 50s.
Someone decided that it needed upgraded and had another look.

They came back with 36 hours, thanks largely to the difference in how we buy, store and cook our food. Not to mention the sort of food we cook.

That was 36 hours. In the days before Sky, mobiles, the internet and Faceache. I think we’re down to about 3 and a half.
Thats 5 days worth in the supply chain - field to shelf, all points in between.

Stand out the back of a TESCO someday and watch the regularity with which arctics arrive and empty to keep the shelves full. I reckon if it happened on a monday by the wednesday you would be lucky to find Brut deodorant on the shelves and people fighting like rabid wolves for that.

One thing though: When we had reached a certain level as District Council volunteers our names went into a speshul phone directory. The plan being that all the networks would get a switch flicked to only allow those on the lists to actually use them. Sort of phuqs up those who need their mobile to conduct their lives - so in the case of phone zombies they would be mentally brown bread within an hour.

There is a real life supply chain example in the UK from 2005 when the Buncefield supply depot went bang.
I'm trying to find the best literature on it, but not much luck.

As a fuel distribution depot, it helped having easy access to a road transport network (easy access to M1 and not far from M25), features that other supply chain industries also sought, hence were in the locale.

When it went off, the M1 was closed for a bit, as were the surrounding depots. I remember a report saying supermarkets in the North east had empty shelves within a short period.

The effect of the M1 being closed was quite significant and IIRC it was re-opened early when the fires were still going - certainly I remember driving past at the time and feeling some heat.

The impact on the infrastructure, plus the 2nd and 3rd order effects helped concentrate a lot of minds in UK resilience - the UK is a lot better than it was.