containers

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by dml87, May 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im after a dustlwaterproof container for a weapon cleaning kit of handy size, any ideas

2. I pack all my kit in US MRE bags or plain supermarket ziplock freezer bags - total expenditure about 50p.

3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

As 4(t) said, ziplok is the way forward. a two quid box of them will last you years.

For extreme conditions put it in a ziplok, roll it to get the air out, seal it then stick it in a ziplok and repeat.

4. The operational cleaning kit is pretty good, wrap it in a freezer bag for waterproofing.

5. Agreed, ziplocks the way forward, cheap, minimal bulk and no rattle. But if for some reason, you need the protection of a rigid container, try "Lock 'n' lock" they're like Tupperware on steroids. The lids lock on all four sides and they come in a variety of sizes from tab packet to boot box. They stock them in Lakeland Plastics or you can get them online from QVC.

6. plastic beaker. i know everyone will prob say it will rattle, but not if you pack a sh1t hot lot of flannelette around your tools.