Contador wins Le Tour

Contador has won the 2009 Tour De France with armstrong coming third. I am a little miffed as to why lance armstrong wanted to ride in this years tour after saying he was retiring two years ago, especially after winning the tour 7 times. I would have thought it better to retire on a high, surely it would be risky to take part again and "risk your reputation" not that i am dissing armstrong as i do admire his strength and courage even more so after reading his books.

Armstrong returned to pro-cycling " in order to raise awareness of the global cancer burden". He is competing for no salary or any bonuses and is also publishing the results for all his blood tests online.

It looks to me that he returned for reasons other than winning, so fair play to him for coming third.

T C

Well done Contador (who or whatever she is). Now just all fcuk off so I can go to Besancon when I want to (not that I do).

And you're lucky, you'll miss the aftermath. Crimes by lycra against humanity (and public decency) and hordes (and fcuking hordes) of fcuking Tour de France walts clogging up the local supermarket.

Sorry but you can all get on your respective fcuking bikes. :x

razorlight said:
Contador has won the 2009 Tour De France with armstrong coming third. I am a little miffed as to why lance armstrong wanted to ride in this years tour after saying he was retiring two years ago, especially after winning the tour 7 times. I would have thought it better to retire on a high, surely it would be risky to take part again and "risk your reputation" not that i am dissing armstrong as i do admire his strength and courage even more so after reading his books.
Agreed; however, who gives a toss?

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
The_Cheat said:
Armstrong returned to pro-cycling " in order to raise awareness of the global cancer burden". He is competing for no salary or any bonuses and is also publishing the results for all his blood tests online.

It looks to me that he returned for reasons other than winning, so fair play to him for coming third.

T C
Lance is looking to run and manage his own team for 2011, thats why he came back, to sweeten up the sponsers and get back into the tours good books after the tussels he had in the 2 years he wasnt riding and in retirement.

Although I agree he behaved like a gent, and worked for the team this time around.

CountryGal said:
The_Cheat said:

T C
Lance is looking to run and manage his own team for 2011, thats why he came back, to sweeten up the sponsers and get back into the tours good books after the tussels he had in the 2 years he wasnt riding and in retirement.

Would that be tustles?

Although I agree he behaved like a gent, and worked for the team this time around.

Twizzlelehope said:
razorlight said:
Agreed; however, who gives a toss?
Maybe you do otherwise you would not have looked at the thread although surely it is more interesting than having an interest in darts!

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
[quote="Would that be tustles?.[/quote][/quote]

Yes :) been a long weekend!

A brit came 4th...didn't even make the news. well done bradley wiggins

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
T

trowel

not well done, came fourth. must try harder. do not congratulate failure. did better than I could have done though.

CountryGal said:
Danny_Dravot said:
A brit came 4th...didn't even make the news. well done bradley wiggins
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/

Its underneath the line about who won - what news you reading :D
didn't say i was reading news. was listening to R4 earlier. They led sports with the fact Cavendish won tody's stage but for some reason didn't mention wiggins? Ditto just watched news and unless i very much missed it, was no mention.

Danny

trowel said:
not well done, came fourth. must try harder. do not congratulate failure. did better than I could have done though.

Too right, everyone loves a winner! :D

No prizes for coming second! :D

And continue with the clichés, in your own time, go on.

T

trowel

I know it's the wrong place for serious comment, but we really must shake of this habit of congratulating people for merely trying.

Ugly fcuker isn't he? And I know it's not Cuntador.

Attachments

trowel said:
I know it's the wrong place for serious comment, but we really must shake of this habit of congratulating people for merely trying.
Go give your head a shake! Bradley is an Olympic track champion. This is his first 'tour'. He frightened the ass of all of 'real' roadies who when the tour started thought he'd be fortunate to finish it.
His efforts on the Ventoux to keep his place was a consumate demonstration of character. Well done to him, there's more to come.