Contacting a regiment

Good Afternoon Gents,

I'm booked to go to RMAS next January and with just under a year between now and then I endeavour to get on as many fam visits as possible. The regiments that I'm hoping to have a good look at are The Rifes, PWRR, Mercian and I'm also hoping to throw myself at a Para POIC.

However I am having a hard time getting booked onto a visit for several reasons. The list of visits that my CSM sent me only contains one entire Infantry visit, and he said that individual regiments do not publish their dates and that I must contact them directly. He also said that the Parachute Regiment do not run visits(?) and that they will only see candidates at Sandhurst.

I thought this wouldn't be too much of an issue, but since the recruitment website has changed there are no regimental specific details for officer recruiting. In particular I'm having a hard time pinning down the contact details for respective regimental adjutants (this was where regiments mostly directed prospective officers towards before the website changed).

I have emailed the RHQ of a couple of the regiments a little over a week ago and haven't heard anything back yet (but hopefully should get a response soon). Furthermore, my CSM has not been in office the past 3 weeks so I haven't been able to get any help there.

So if anybody could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Considering Google got me a phone number and an email address for the Parachute Regiment in under 1 minute, I recommend you look a bit harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the numbers and intend to call the regiments next week. I just imagined that there would be some form of large directory that would give specific details of figures such as the regimental adjutants so that I could address them directly. But granted, calling the regiments will be much simpler and easier, thanks for your help.

There is, but it isn’t open source as Adjutants are busy so they have specific open source phone numbers and email addresses for people to use.

Latest Threads