Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Adjutant, Sep 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone remember a short film on TV in the early '80s called 'Contact'? It was based on the book of the same name, written by a chap called A F N Clark. It is about a Para Reg multiple in NI and covers them on a rural patrol. There wasn't much speaking in it but it was extremely powerful - was part of a thing called 'Screen 2' which was on BBC 2. If you do - I'm trying to get hold of a copy of it...
  2. Try do 2nd hand stuff as well so may have it-was not a bad book.
  3. Remember it well, was very odd that there was virtually no dialogue. I would be surprised if you could get hold of a copy now
  4. I remember seeing a clip as part of a NITAT Brief in 88 - the bit where the rodney's about to lift up a mag that's been found in a field, whilst his platoon prepare to slot the Mick they've nabbed if said rodney goes boom. Classic! I read the book at some point, seemed to be very " We're Airborne and we're much better than them SAS puffs etc", but a pretty good read all the same.