• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Contact with the Media and Communicating in Public.

Most squaddies don't use Myspace to keep in touch, facebook and bebo are the main choices so why do the Sun keep mentioning Myspace.
What does news international own?

Utter non-story we all go a similar warning in 2007 to watch what we put on the net, not that the vast majority of soldiers know anything that would breach security away. I think they are more worried that General Bloggs getting called a knob in public.

New one in November 2008 Stacker. And judging from all the top down leaks , maybe more worried about General Bloggs posting a new Facebook Group - "Why everything is going to hell in a handbasket and I is propa pis5ed off innit"

Thread edited, because I missed posts highlighted.

Thanks Sunjock :)

PartTimePongo said:
New one in November 2008 Stacker. And judging from all the top down leaks , maybe more worried about General Bloggs posting a new Facebook Group - "Why everything is going to hell in a handbasket and I is propa pis5ed off innit"
It would be a nice thought but if a top officer really wanted to say something, it would be an anonymous letter/interview to the Times or the BBC, The facebook, Myspace and Bebo has only been mentioned to get a bit of outrage from the soldiers who use them.

And how would the MOD propose to police this policy on the web???

Nice strong words on a document, but I dont think GCHQ will be asking for overtime payments.