Contact details for Potrsmouth naval base

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dunc0936, Mar 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

Im trying to arrange a visit to HMS invincble before she is paid off next yr(if I get a yes I'll let the group know as I have asked to be able to take a group of people aboard)

but can't seem to find a exact address for someone to send the letter to, don't just want to sent it to the base might take ages to get to the right person or never

if anyone could help I'd be very grateful

Regards

Duncan

2. Customer Relations Officer
    HM Naval Attache
    Cumbrai Barracks
    Altcar
    Portsmouth

PL66 1DG

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Check PMs

4. Phone the switchboard at the base and ask for the Officer of the Day on HMS Invincible.

5. Just checking you do know that hms invincable is in extended readiness. Tied up alongside and has been for sometime. As far as i knowthere is no power onboard as when people go on to work/take parts they have to wear head torches.
    I have heard there is still a skeleton crew. But they do not work onboard as the gates to the ship are always locked.
    I would doubt you would be able to visit her.
    Maybe better trying the ark or illustrious

6. correct and ark is in refit from monday until august

7. she being refit in Portsmouth?

8. yes mate

9. The only way she will ever put to sea again is if she's towed by a couple of tugs. She's a derelict hulk now and off charge.

10. Is that the cue to turn this into an RIP thread?

11. Hence the reason why I hope a group of us can be allowed on board to photograph her incase she is scrapped and not turned into a musuem which is what should really happen to her

Duncan

12. "Hence the reason why I hope a group of us can be allowed on board to photograph her incase she is scrapped and not turned into a musuem which is what should really happen to her"

Oh god, not another plea of turning Vince into a museum ship. Over the years museum ships in the UK have struggled to make any real profit, and have turned into enormous nightmares for their owners. Its a seriously expensive business to run a museum ship, with little public interest and in these H&S zealous days, a real legal minefield if someone hurts themselves onboard.

No, better to let her die a warriors death as a SINKEX.

13. Rather than these ships being broken up they should be sunk in the spawning grounds of the UK’s continental shelf to provide havens for fish to breed.

In fact that’s were all our redundant large military equipment should go after it’s been cleaned up.

A far better return.