Contact at Blandford Camp?

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Jun 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

My offspring is home from Uni for the Summer, and temporary jobs in the Blandford area seem as rare as rocking horse poo. We've tried pubs, supermarkets, shops and hotels, and apart from two who have made him wait over a week for a decision, there's been of lot of rejection going on.

My next idea is for him to try the messes on the Camp at Blandford. Surely they must need kitchen or waiting staff.

So could anyone PM me with the number of the mess manager, or the sodexho staffer who is responsible for recruitment.

Or if anyone knows of a job for a willing, capable and fit engineering student, could they PM me?

(Mods if this is the wrong forum please move it. Thanks.)

2. msr

msr LE

Recessions do tend to have this effect....

Althought he could try this:

From here:

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks for that msr.; I think he's a bit overqualified, and the commute is rather long in an 850 mini, but I'll suggest it!
  4. Cow

Cow LE

Weymouth is only down the road if hes got transport, they have alot of seasonal workers in the bars and stuff, have you tried there?
  5. Grownup_Rafbrat

Not yet, thanks, Cow. But I'll certainly suggest it when I get home this evening. He's going to put an ad in the Blackmore Vale Magazine this week too, so SOMETHING must turn up. I can't afford to have the car washed quite so often!
  6. Grownup_Rafbrat

You, my dear lady, are a star. Thank you.

I've suggested he rings the tank museum today as well - be afraid, be very afraid!
  7. The first 3 jobs on this list are (permanent) Tank Museum jobs:

........... EDIT: ......... or they would be, if the link didn't reflect whatever was my last search. :roll:
  8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

For goodness sake RAF Brat be a bit more careful with the title of your thread. I thought you meant there had been a shooting at Blandford Camp.

Good luck with the job search.

BTB He could join the TA and do summer challenge.
  9. Pay him in food and lodgings during hte Summer Recess in return for work around the garden and house....

Next Summer hols he'll get of his own arrse to sort out activities for Summer :D
  10. Grownup_Rafbrat

To be fair he has been off his own arrse for two weeks. I took pity on his poor sad rejected little face after two weeks of trudging round asking people for work.

I've paid him for jobs for the last two weeks. I can't keep up the pace, and he needs to work outside the home where he can get extra shifts and overtime. He's not lazy, as you imply.
  11. Wish my sprog would do likewise, he's still at the "I havn't got any money" and " I'm bored" stage, I wish he'd make the connection that having a job would fix both problems.

Bless him
  12. Have you tried Monkeyworld? I know they get very busy in the summer.
  13. Grownup_Rafbrat

No but that's an excellent idea. Thank you.

Refrains from making comments about mixing him up with the inmates ...
  14. Prezzo's in town needs Part Time Kitchen Porters (Washer Uppers)
    There's a dog handlers job going on camp too (not sure if it's 4 or 2 legged)
    Theres also a number for people wanting part time work on the new iceland door