Constant Email Notifications

I do not subscribe to threads, never have, never will.

For some reason just looking at a thread subscribes me to it and I am now being bombarded with 30 plus notification emails a day.

I have followed all the instructions, adjusted my profile settings and I am still left with a list of subscribed threads that I have never chosen to subscribe to, the check box on the side remains empty as I never subscribed to the threads in the first place.

I dont think it's me doing something wrong but I thought I should check first?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I do not subscribe to threads, never have, never will.

For some reason just looking at a thread subscribes me to it and I am now being bombarded with 30 plus notification emails a day.

I have followed all the instructions, adjusted my profile settings and I am still left with a list of subscribed threads that I have never chosen to subscribe to, the check box on the side remains empty as I never subscribed to the threads in the first place.

I dont think it's me doing something wrong but I thought I should check first?
Simply posting on a thread automatically subscribes you to it unless you've chosen 'do not subscribe' via the General Settings page. You can manually do it though in the thread tools menu.

Subscribe.png

I have followed all the instructions
I've not come across this before - have you just updated your account to "do not subscribe" since starting the thread? Or was it like that anyway?

I just updated it to "do not subscribe"

Took some finding, I was expecting a tick box elsewhere or in the actual subscriptions screen, I was suprised it was set to subscribe as the default.

In case others are having this problem you can change the default subscription setting by clicking here:

subscription.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
theiftaker ARRSE: Site Issues 3
4(T) Gaming and Software 10
Y Health and Fitness 5