Constant Email Notifications

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Buzz, Mar 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I do not subscribe to threads, never have, never will.

For some reason just looking at a thread subscribes me to it and I am now being bombarded with 30 plus notification emails a day.

I have followed all the instructions, adjusted my profile settings and I am still left with a list of subscribed threads that I have never chosen to subscribe to, the check box on the side remains empty as I never subscribed to the threads in the first place.

I dont think it's me doing something wrong but I thought I should check first?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Not being funny but I was hoping for the spam to stop at the forum end instead of me having to fill my junk mail box with them.

Now - can you turn the spam off please?
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Simply posting on a thread automatically subscribes you to it unless you've chosen 'do not subscribe' via the General Settings page. You can manually do it though in the thread tools menu.

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've not come across this before - have you just updated your account to "do not subscribe" since starting the thread? Or was it like that anyway?
  5. I just updated it to "do not subscribe"

Took some finding, I was expecting a tick box elsewhere or in the actual subscriptions screen, I was suprised it was set to subscribe as the default.
  6. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

In case others are having this problem you can change the default subscription setting by clicking here: