Considering Joining as RMP, advice and answers to questions welcome.

Thanks very much. I left the Army last year so hoping I won't have to do a selection as the recruiting centre's currently awaiting my previous reports.
I won't get my hopes up though.

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks very much. I left the Army last year so hoping I won't have to do a selection as the recruiting centre's currently awaiting my previous reports.
I won't get my hopes up though.
If you left the Army last year you must know about the grading at selection and that there is no difinitive time as every application is different.

You will have to do selection again regardless of previous reports. If you are going back to the same trade you may, and that is a very big may, get fast tracked through some of Ph2 but you will definately be going back to selection and quite probably Phase 1 training as well.

Last edited:
I did selection 8 years ago so remember little about it but definitely don't remember being told what grade I scored.
I was asking about times because the original remark I was commenting on was by someone who had not long finished their RMP phase 2 so just wanted a rough guide.
At the end of the day, I'll wait then do whatever I have to do.

H

Habayeb

Alright mate, sorry for the late reply,

Few of my mates I'm the REME who when through selection a few years ago never got told their grade it was simply a pass or fail - but that's the REME ;)

From my limited experience so far I've only ever met re joiners in a phase 2 environment, my pti left the AAC and rejoined as RMP never asked him whether he redid phase 1 but it would make sense cause if the rest of the army have to pass yearly TO's regardless of experience.

Anyway I entered the recruiting office May 2012, did selection Nov 2012, got my start date April 2013 and started selection Sept 2013. So a long wait which had probably got longer!

Thanks very much. I'm taking it there's a further selection for RMP, as well as the 2-3 day Army selection? That makes sense since you start off as a LCpl.

H

Habayeb

Nope just the standard selection process, the only real difference if that you need a decent score to ensure you're not on the waiting lost for ages, after basic you go to phase 2 as a private and stay that way for 20 weeks, in your last week they present you with your red lid and your one tape,

Can I just clarify, you went into the AFCO in May 2012 and started training in sept 2013?
I'm surprised you get your tape straight out of phase 2! I know a couple of guys in the Int Corps and they had to do a JNCO cadre at the end of their phase 2 before being given their stripe.
How are you finding it now?

Is there anyone on this forum that is or was Military Police in the early 1980's? Catterick, Preston or Germany Osnabruck or Bunde. Please get intouch.

Is there anyone on this forum that is or was Military Police in the early 1980's? Catterick, Preston or Germany Osnabruck or Bunde. Please get intouch.
I'm ex RMP mucker, but didn't join until Feb 86, I was at Catterick in 1990.

Latest Threads