Considering a retrade to TSS

Hi all,

Currently a VM and absolutely hate the job. Been considering a retrade to TSS as a fall back if PT core selection does not go to plan. Any TSS blokes/ladies here want to give me the lowdown on the job? I would assume as I’m retrading from a REME job I will keep my rank (Cpl). Also what civvi prospects will the job of TSS get me? Thank you in advance.

D

Deleted 186086

As a VM why not go Tiffy or have you been turned down?
Plenty of TSS roles within FTRS for CQ & RQMS trained staff.

As a VM why not go Tiffy or have you been turned down?
Plenty of TSS roles within FTRS for CQ & RQMS trained staff.
I haven’t been turned down for tiffy yet lol. To be honest I’ve no interest in going tiffy either, it would require me to do more years in a job I already don’t enjoy just to hopefully get selected. I know quite a few people still waiting and they’ve passed all requirements just aren’t coming off the board.

Go SF - blat some baddies.

Special Air Spanners.

DO IT!

On a more serious note.

DO IT!

OK.

If you're attempting PT Corps then I'll make the assumption you're in good shape. Full Screw, I'll assume you're over 25 below 30 and done 3yrs? Do you enjoy the warry stuff? If the idea tickles you, don't tell anyone, get some hills training in and see how you get on - then have a think about giving it a go. Probably a bit leftfield if TSS is your aim.

Latest Threads