Conservatory prices

Looking for a ball park figure for a conservatory 4m x 3m so i have a starting figure when i get some quotes. Any help would be greatley appreciated.

I quite often receive telephone calls from some nice chaps "performing a double glazing survey in my area". They also can construct "award winning" conservatories.
What's you telephone number? I will pass it on.

After leaving the Army I ran the Trade Dept of the North Easts biggest Window company 'till a couple of years back - price depends on style & loads of other factors - with no hidden difficulties (living on top of Everest etc) simplest "lean to" type from a decent builder / fitter with good quality kit should be around 6k. If you're in the area I can point you in the right direction.

Thanks BCsack. I reside in Hull looking for a mid range regency style conservatory. Should be straight forward ie no drains etc. Just after rough ideas so i can show the salesman the door when they try to fleece me.

mm - don't recall anyone in your local area - the fitters who work for companies generally are self employed and will supply & fit the same gear as the big companies (without the price tag) - ask around neighbours for leads - if you can DIY you can buy frames & roof DIY for 3k ish (Trade Department of a local manufacturer) - get a builder to put the base in. If you go through a local manufacturer / supplier expect to pay 8 to 10k depending on deals / spec required. A lot of the big names Anglian, Everest - last time I checked product was pretty mediocre quality (at best). Hope that helps !

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
you are not going to believe it but i have a man downstairs pricing up for a conservatory . ( if he thinks i am paying 24 grand he can go back from whence he came .)
but have a look on EBAY I was amazed at what you can pick up

After leaving the Army I ran the Trade Dept of the North Easts biggest Window company 'till a couple of years back - price depends on style & loads of other factors - with no hidden difficulties (living on top of Everest etc) simplest "lean to" type from a decent builder / fitter with good quality kit should be around 6k. If you're in the area I can point you in the right direction.

I note the OP lives in Hull. For 6k he should be able to buy everything north of Leeds, up to and including the border with Scotland.

A few years back when I had a fixer up house that needed new windows I chatted with a bloke who pointed me at the annual trade show for the glazing industry - that includes conservatories.

What the show gets you is the details of the main manufacturers of doors, windows and conservatories. I subsequently spoke with one company telling them that I was an independent developer and they put me in contact with the local firm that acted for them. I had been quoted an absolute wedge and got the lot for around 30% of what I had been quoted.

Worth looking here too:

Double Glazing Corby, Northamptonshire | Double Glazing installers Corby, Northamptonshire | CWG Choices Ltd supply Double Glazed Windows, Doors, Conservatories and Garden Offices/Studios Corby, Northamptonshire

Trade show here, lie to get in, tell them you are in procurement for the MoD or an independent property developer:

FIT SHOW | Fabricator, Installer & Trade Show | Telford International

Thanks for all your replies some sound advice. sirbhp i think they must be quoting for a new house. If they quote me 18K there cup will be getting rimmed LOL

I've just nailed a 4m x 5m on the back of mine,
got a builder to do all the ground works ie foundations and a 600 high dwarf wall rendered on the outside floating floor and moved a couple of drains for 4.5k,
I did all the plastics which cost me 6k, it's had a glass roof so that bumped up the total a bit

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Seconded, I got someone in to do the groundwork and dwarf wall and slabbed the floor. Get on Google/Amazon/Ebay and source your own bits, they are mostly standard sizes and come in kit form.
Self tapping screws hold most of it together, the roof may need a bit more technical assistance. Saved myself about £12 k on an estimate by buying from the same supplier direct and cutting out the middle men, all not now having a good drink on my dosh.

Just a warning to all - beware what you're buying on ebay etc - all this window & roof material looks similar but there is a lot of poor quality product out there. There are only a couple of good manufacturers and that's who you want to buy from - here's one that i'd use Find a Sheerframe window fabricator and installer.
blind662 got it right - builder to do the basework - then good quality upvc frames and roof - all up less than 10k for a quality conservatory.

you are not going to believe it but i have a man downstairs pricing up for a conservatory . ( if he thinks i am paying 24 grand he can go back from whence he came .)
but have a look on EBAY I was amazed at what you can pick up
Indeed, why only last week I managed to pick up a genuine SAS Hexistove for only $5.27.