Conservatory prices

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by macmcleod, Mar 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for a ball park figure for a conservatory 4m x 3m so i have a starting figure when i get some quotes. Any help would be greatley appreciated.

2. Jobs yours Price Albert. Thanks Rodney

3. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

I quite often receive telephone calls from some nice chaps "performing a double glazing survey in my area". They also can construct "award winning" conservatories.
    What's you telephone number? I will pass it on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. After leaving the Army I ran the Trade Dept of the North Easts biggest Window company 'till a couple of years back - price depends on style & loads of other factors - with no hidden difficulties (living on top of Everest etc) simplest "lean to" type from a decent builder / fitter with good quality kit should be around 6k. If you're in the area I can point you in the right direction.

5. Thanks BCsack. I reside in Hull looking for a mid range regency style conservatory. Should be straight forward ie no drains etc. Just after rough ideas so i can show the salesman the door when they try to fleece me.

6. Excellent. Here's my last one, just so you can see my excellent standards:

photo4.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. mm - don't recall anyone in your local area - the fitters who work for companies generally are self employed and will supply & fit the same gear as the big companies (without the price tag) - ask around neighbours for leads - if you can DIY you can buy frames & roof DIY for 3k ish (Trade Department of a local manufacturer) - get a builder to put the base in. If you go through a local manufacturer / supplier expect to pay 8 to 10k depending on deals / spec required. A lot of the big names Anglian, Everest - last time I checked product was pretty mediocre quality (at best). Hope that helps !

8. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

you are not going to believe it but i have a man downstairs pricing up for a conservatory . ( if he thinks i am paying 24 grand he can go back from whence he came .)
    but have a look on EBAY I was amazed at what you can pick up

9. I note the OP lives in Hull. For 6k he should be able to buy everything north of Leeds, up to and including the border with Scotland.

10. I've just nailed a 4m x 5m on the back of mine,
    got a builder to do all the ground works ie foundations and a 600 high dwarf wall rendered on the outside floating floor and moved a couple of drains for 4.5k,
    I did all the plastics which cost me 6k, it's had a glass roof so that bumped up the total a bit

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

11. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

mine came in at 18k. We are negotiating

12. A few years back when I had a fixer up house that needed new windows I chatted with a bloke who pointed me at the annual trade show for the glazing industry - that includes conservatories.

What the show gets you is the details of the main manufacturers of doors, windows and conservatories. I subsequently spoke with one company telling them that I was an independent developer and they put me in contact with the local firm that acted for them. I had been quoted an absolute wedge and got the lot for around 30% of what I had been quoted.

Worth looking here too:

Double Glazing Corby, Northamptonshire | Double Glazing installers Corby, Northamptonshire | CWG Choices Ltd supply Double Glazed Windows, Doors, Conservatories and Garden Offices/Studios Corby, Northamptonshire

Trade show here, lie to get in, tell them you are in procurement for the MoD or an independent property developer:

FIT SHOW | Fabricator, Installer & Trade Show | Telford International

13. Thanks for all your replies some sound advice. sirbhp i think they must be quoting for a new house. If they quote me 18K there cup will be getting rimmed LOL