Conservatives win Crewe and Nantwich

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by stacker1, May 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The people of Crewe and Nantwich have spoken. Are you still "listening" Gordon? I didn't catch all of it, but I'm sure the second word was "off".

2. Hello,

here is the vote share,it is quite remarkable for a safe Labour seat.:

Edward Timpson (Con) 20,539 (49.49%, +16.93%)
    Tamsin Dunwoody (Lab) 12,679 (30.55%, -18.29%)
    Elizabeth Shenton (Lib Dem) 6,040 (14.55%, -4.03%)
    Mike Nattrass (UKIP) 922 (2.22%)
    Robert Smith (Green) 359 (0.87%)
    David Roberts (Eng Dem) 275 (0.66%)
    The Flying Brick (Monster Raving Loony) 236 (0.57%)
    Mark Walklate (Ind) 217 (0.52%)
    Paul Thorogood (Cut Tax on Diesel and Petrol) 118 (0.28%)
    Gemma Garrett (Ind) 113 (0.27%)

tangosix.

3. ha ha ha ha

bye bye Cyclops

4. Ha! The miserable git can't even buy off the vote without buggering it up royally. Not that it, or the election result, is much of a surprise really. :)

5. [​IMG]

Can't believe Miss Garret didn't get more!!!

6. Oh dear, another one up the arrse for Cyclops......my heart is pumping purple p1ss for him. How tragic. :D

7. That's it for Gordon then. Any bets as to when he'll be asked to fall on his sword?

I reckon that he'll be gone by the end of the summer.

8. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

But which other goon would replace him the other clowns are no better if not worse....not that I'm sticking up for him! No I think he'll hang on as long as possible

9. Just listening to Harriet Harman on Sky News.

She honestly believes that everyone still loves Labour and a 17% swing to the Tories in a by election means nothing. Quite sad really, but amusing at the same time watching her trying to make excuses.

10. I was minded of Comical Ali some years ago...........American Tanks? No, there are no American tanks in Bagdad! Oh how we laughed.

Anyone else notice the Brown Broadcating Corporation reporting the headlines...."Tories snatch Crewe from Labour"? To me it implies a narrow success or temporary gain.

snatched, snatch·ing, snatch·es.
    v.tr.

To grasp or seize hastily, eagerly, or suddenly.
    Sports. To raise (a weight) in one quick, uninterrupted motion from the floor to a position over the lifter's head.
    To grasp or seize illicitly.
    v.intr.
    To make grasping or seizing motions: snatched at the lamp cord.

n.
    The act of snatching; a quick grasp or grab.
    A brief period of time: “At the end we preferred to travel all night,/Sleeping in snatches” (T.S. Eliot).
    A small amount; a bit or fragment: a snatch of dialogue.
    Slang. A kidnapping.
    Sports. A lift in weightlifting in which the weight is raised in one uninterrupted motion from the floor to a position over the lifter's head.
    Vulgar Slang. The vulva.

11. Whoever replaces him will be ineffective and too late to save the day - not unlike the Tories when they (eventually) get back in. If anyone thinks that CMD will be any better, then they're misguided. A sad state of affairs that it's been allowed to degenerate to this. Britain deserves better.

12. Indeed Buck, all I want at the moment is this shower out on their Arrse. The Belgian's have managed for a while now without a government, I don't think a team of BELM inmates could do any worse that this lot.
    Cameron's govt will likely be just as frustrating but it is a move in the right direction.

Still it was good to see Svens lot get less votes than the difference between the Liarbore and cons.

13. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha. Now perhaps the Gorgon will listen and Foxtrot Oscar.

14. The Labour campaign has portrayed Mr Timpson, who is a lawyer, as a "toff".

Ms Dunwoody's website says: "Do you want a Tory con man or a Dunwoody?"

She told the BBC her campaign had used "good visual imagery of the difference between my opponent and myself".

Maybe it's a little crude but it's trying to get across a legitimate political message

Stephen Ladyman
    Labour MP

"I don't have a £53m pound fortune supporting me. I don't have a £1.5m mansion. I am just a single, unemployed mother of five fighting hard for a job," she said.

Thus disproving an Old Gunner’s theory “Money can't buy friends, but you can get a better class of enemy.” (Spike Milligan)