Conservatives are friends of the Armed Forces

How dare You say that of our fragrant defence secretary. You wouldn't have suggested it of John Nott... On a serious note, the sainted Maggie was in the process of continuing the shafting of the RN,started by many of Her predecessors. When suddenly.Whoops. She needed them. Its a political reality. As it ever was.
Cameron's PR driven decision making in 2010 and 2015, ignoring expert advice, has caused the Royal Navy real problems and will continue to do so for years. Even if we acknowledge the need for cuts and keeping costs down, things could have been managed far better.

Sadly Cameron was influenced by the question of which option would produce fewer negative headlines.

And as the Cons are trying to get into bed with the Labour Party, does this mean that Labour too are "Friends of the armed forces?" Stand fast Jeremy! :cool:

1557136971428.png
1557136986642.png

I was just looking for more snaps of the new minister when my attention was drawn to the Submarine Service insignia. Didn't know that either of them served on submarines.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
View attachment 391352 View attachment 391353

I was just looking for more snaps of the new minister when my attention was drawn to the Submarine Service insignia. Didn't know that either of them served on submarines.
Article yesterday. She obtained an honorary award because she played the qualifiers' drinking game of drinking a tot of rum and catching the dolphins in her teeth.

To be fair the Labour Party are "Friends of the armed forces", they just don't happen to be our armed forces
And should Labour come to power, the armed forces Labour are so fond of could be here keeping the counter-revolutionary capitalist forces of reaction under control.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
And should Labour come to power, the armed forces Labour are so fond of could be here keeping the counter-revolutionary capitalist forces of reaction under control.
Like under a previous Labour government 50 years ago, send the Armed forces out onto the streets of the United Kingdom to aid the civilian police, exhausted after a summer of rioting, to protect the minority.

That turned out well. In 50 years' time some poor squaddy will be hung out to dry over it.

ugly

LE
I was considering ringing a radio station in London today and requesting I want to break free by queen for all of the useless MPs.

Like under a previous Labour government 50 years ago, send the Armed forces out onto the streets of the United Kingdom to aid the civilian police, exhausted after a summer of rioting, to protect the minority.

That turned out well. In 50 years' time some poor squaddy will be hung out to dry over it.
Apparently you only get in trouble if you do the job that you were sent out there to do.

And what would you want Penny to wear?
A nice wee red number for the old "scarlet and black" combination... Err, oops, did I type that out loud?

Interesting that the Tories are so keen on the Armed Forces. "The TA (sic) is in the Tories DNA" a CGS was warned before he put the case for a smaller efficient TA with a larger Regular Army than proposed. He was told to leave by the then PM. Going back to the height of the Troubles in Northern Ireland a Tory Government slashed the 4th Battalions from the Infantry Brigades. Thatcher was cheered when the pay rises finally came - and it was conveniently forgotten that they had been agreed under a Labour administration. The Falklands was down to a massive failure in Foreign Policy - Wilson had previously seen off the Argies twice with a bit of Gun Boat diplomacy.
And so it has carried on in the passed few years with major redundancies, a continuation of salami slicing going back to the '90s. When Cameron announced the doubling of the operational allowance, I was just glad I was in-theatre and leaving Germany before the obvious (and hard felt) cuts in allowances came.
I am now going to have a lie down and take a calming 30mg paroxetine tablet. I wish this were all a joke.

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I felt obliged to ask if it was going the way he expected.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh dear, how sad, never mind. It didn't go the way they expected.

This site can’t be reached
www.conservativeprogress.co.uk took too long to respond.

Try:
  • Checking the connection

Latest Threads