Conservative Republican senator caught in gay sexual act

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Devil_Dog, Aug 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.rollcall.com/issues/1_1/breakingnews/19763-1.html

George Michael is in good company.

2. Will he get a nice retirement Cottage??

3. He won't get much, maybe about $100,000 annually in pensions. But, as soon as the news gets out of the front page, he will find himself working as a lobbyist for some anti-gay group or defense contractor in D.C.

4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

5. As one of the American Late-night hosts said: "Democrats support gay rights, whereas Republicans do gay THINGS."

6. msr

msr LE

What is it with these guys that they can't even run a proper sex scandal?

Who ever heard of sex scandals without sex?

At least when the Democrats have a sex scandal, it involves real, honest to goodness sex. Yeah, I know, Bill Clinton said the sex wasn't sex. But let's face it, it was. Had Bill tapped Monica's foot, the most he'd have been accused of was playing footsie, and there'd have been little to no outcry, much less an impeachment. And as Matthew Sheffield makes clear, the double standard is appalling; Democrats keep their jobs after drowning women in cars or keeping male brothels, while Republicans are hounded out of office for sex scandals without even the component of sex.

If I were the American people, I'd be totally sick of sexless Republican sex scandals by now.

http://www.classicalvalues.com/archives/2007/08/carrying_the_clos.html

msr

7. From the Daily KOS

My Uncomfortable Experience in a Public Mens Room
    by kharma Wed Aug 29, 2007 at 03:05:01 PM PDT

Two weeks ago, the kids and I went on a trip to visit friends in San Antonio, Texas. On the way we stopped at a rest area just off the interstate. What happened next made me very uneasy...

I was drinking coffee heavily so that I would stay awake and needed to relieve myself pretty badly. I pulled into a rest area, locked the car doors, left the kids sleeping in the car, and went into the restroom. When I entered I noticed it was unoccupied except for a pair of sneakers visible under the second stall.

As I unzipped at one of the urinals and began to relieve my burning bladder I heard a voice say "Hey, what's up?". I looked around and there was no one else in the restroom. After a moments hesitation, I answered "Not much".

A little time went by and he says, "What ya doing?".

I didn't feel very comfortable talking to someone in a stall but I didn't want to be rude and answered, "Uh...we are heading to San Antonio to visit friends."

"Want to come over?", he says.

At this point I am really uncomfortable and I finish up and scoot over to the sink to wash up. "No I don't think so.", I replied. Wow, was this something else. I had never even had someone next to me with a wide stance before and now I've got someone in the stall asking me over!

As I reached for the paper towels to dry my hands I hear, "Hey man, can I call you back? There's some asshole in the bathroom answering every thing I say."

8. Said senator seems to have changed his mind about either trying to have his c.ock sucked or trying to ram fudge up some guy's bunghole.

I don't understand these Republicans and their hypocrisy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/05/washington/05cnd-craig.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

9. Democrat Senator is caught having gay sex with an underage page. He gets a standing ovation (no, really!)

Republican Senator taps the floor of a toilet and touches someone's foot and it's an almighty scandal, the guy loses his job.

Democrat President bombs a sovereign nation and engages in an illegal war. He gets lauded.

Republican President bombs a sovereign nation and engages in an illegal war. He gets hounded.

Now, where's that hypocrisy again?

10. I am more worried about this -

"Craig tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct"

Says who ??

11. If it's a partisan point-scoring game, then the Foley and Craig incidents would even out the Barney Frank and Gerry Studds scandals.

As for why Craig is specifically being skewered for hypocrisy, Dan Savage puts it better than I ever could:

I personally don't want to see someone crucified because of what side of the fence they fall on (a courtesy which I doubt would be mutually extended to me by the Religious Right, if I was gay). And strictly speaking, I don't really think he did anything. Propositioning another adult for sex isn't a crime in itself, or Craigslist would be shut down.

But if he's previously gone on record as a rabid anti-gay policymaker, well, that IS fcuking funny.

Well, I don't know if Slate is the go-to reference guide for public gay restroom sex...but they've thoughtfully published some Q-and-A type material on the subject below! :D

http://www.slate.com/id/2173033/nav/navoa/

12. So he's being crucified for hypothetical hypocrisy for the way he might vote were such a bill tabled?

Gerry Studds actually had sex with an underage page, and was given a standing ovation for being so courageous by being an openly gay congressman. This cannot be compared with what Craig is currently being crucified for.

13. No, for the way he has voted, on such things as the Defense of Marriage Act, the Hate Crimes Bill, the Same Sex Marriage Resolution, the Federal Marriage Amendment or the Employment Nondiscrimination Act of '66. There's nothing hypothetical whatsoever about his voting record on gays. It is reasonable to extrapolate further.

And no, his supposed crime is not comparable to Studds banging a 17-year-old. But Mark Foley's is. If, as I said, this is just about scoring political points and not addressing actual wrongdoing.

I'm not defending Studds, nor, as I said, am I jumping on the crucifixion bandwagon. I even disagree with the Washington bloggers that accused Craig of similar behavior years ago. If he's gay, that's between himself and his family. But if he is, then these interesting contradictions are pretty well documented.

Edited because the Washington Post has good archives...