Conservation work - need suggestions

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by FunkyNewBlood, May 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To increase my chances of promotion it has been 'suggested' that I organise something outside of the normal military brackets for me and the other 8 members of our section. Oh, and it can't cost the attendees anything and can't involve drink (Booo, Hisss)

So, after much head scratching, the only activity I can think of is a spot of voluntary conservation work with the local forestry commission.

"Funky", the voices in my head said "You've hit the nail on the head!"

I do all the leg work, making phone calls, making sure we can get rations, transport, media op photos and the like but I have hit a brick wall. I told the other fellas my idea and they are now threatening to pi55 in my coffee, shi'ite in my trainers, shag my sister and other 'orrible things if I go ahead with it.

The work is only for 2 days making a disabled access path in a forest in civvies. Whats wrong with that?

Other than breaking in to Alton Towers or ram raiding Tescos, I cant think of anything else that meets all these criteria points:

a. Fun
    b. Free
    c. None green
    d. Wont end up with me drinking 8 brands of pi55 with my brews.

Any help?

Have editted the original - Its a Green Slime Section.

2. Well give your section the alternative idea, section attacks for two days in the same said forest. Maybe they might take to your origional idea. :lol:

3. If there aren't any heinous health & safety issues, why not run a fun "assault course" type effort for a local school? Y'know, scramble nets and shite like that, or a "Kim's Game" type observation test?. Afterwards give the little bastards some rat packs and do a Jamie Oliver stylee cookery demonstration. For extra fun, add very hot chilli powder.

Just don't give the little buggers access to firearms.

V!