Conservation work - need suggestions

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by FunkyNewBlood, May 5, 2005.

1. To increase my chances of promotion it has been 'suggested' that I organise something outside of the normal military brackets for me and the other 8 members of our section. Oh, and it can't cost the attendees anything and can't involve drink (Booo, Hisss)

So, after much head scratching, the only activity I can think of is a spot of voluntary conservation work with the local forestry commission.

"Funky", the voices in my head said "You've hit the nail on the head!"

I do all the leg work, making phone calls, making sure we can get rations, transport, media op photos and the like but I have hit a brick wall. I told the other fellas my idea and they are now threatening to pi55 in my coffee, shi'ite in my trainers, shag my sister and other 'orrible things if I go ahead with it.

The work is only for 2 days making a disabled access path in a forest in civvies. Whats wrong with that?

Other than breaking in to Alton Towers or ram raiding Tescos, I cant think of anything else that meets all these criteria points:

a. Fun
    b. Free
    c. None green
    d. Wont end up with me drinking 8 brands of pi55 with my brews.

Any help?

Have editted the original - Its a Green Slime Section.

2. Well give your section the alternative idea, section attacks for two days in the same said forest. Maybe they might take to your origional idea. :lol:

3. If there aren't any heinous health & safety issues, why not run a fun "assault course" type effort for a local school? Y'know, scramble nets and shite like that, or a "Kim's Game" type observation test?. Afterwards give the little bastards some rat packs and do a Jamie Oliver stylee cookery demonstration. For extra fun, add very hot chilli powder.

Just don't give the little buggers access to firearms.

V!