Congratulations

Congratulations to all the shiny new One-Pip-Wonders who passed off the square at RMAS yesterday. Attended a good shindig in the evening.

May they all go forth and spread havoc!

wg100 said:
Congratulations to all the shiny new One-Pip-Wonders who passed off the square at RMAS yesterday. Attended a good shindig in the evening.

They will, wg100, they will.

Litotes

Thought there was something amiss when a bunch of suit clad men jumped aboard the reading train at sandhurst station, all carrying issue black grips and metre long photos the course.

gratz

Scotchbrite said:
Thought there was something amiss when a bunch of suit clad men jumped aboard the reading train at sandhurst station, all carrying issue black grips and metre long photos the course.

gratz

Travelling first 'clarrse' were they?

Scotchbrite said:

gratz
I'm also amused when I take the train through Darlington; young skin heads, with framed photos from the ITC, talking loudly and drinking beer.

Litotes said:
wg100 said:

Litotes
More than the thousands of courses before them?

wg100 said:

Happy memories :D

Somewhere out there are a bunch of Pl/Tp Sgts about to say - WTF :?

I can feel the waves of RD bemused bewilderment reaching me in my ivory tower as we speak. Brings warmth to my cold Staff Officer heart.

B-T

They're not letting me loose on real soldiers for at least a year or two but seem to think I'm ready to take on the challenges of helping to train phase 2 soldiers. Many apologies in advance to all the bewildered Airtroopers.

orificecadet said:
They're not letting me loose on real soldiers for at least a year or two but seem to think I'm ready to take on the challenges of helping to train phase 2 soldiers. Many apologies in advance to all the bewildered Airtroopers.
Serious question as I am an old fart who has been out for a while but how can a first tour subaltern train young soldiers. Only second tour or even more senior subalterns were allowed anywhere near recruits.

rickshaw-major said:
orificecadet said:
Serious question as I am an old fart who has been out for a while but how can a first tour subaltern train young soldiers. Only second tour or even more senior subalterns were allowed anywhere near recruits.
A young officer with a pipe can do ........ (pauses for excessive puffing) ..... anything.

Yes, well done Orifice. Saw you at Sandbags on Friday but didn't get a chance to say it in person.

rickshaw-major said:
orificecadet said:
It would appear R-M, that some corps... use this post as a grounding experience before Phase 2. I know of one Int Corp subbie that did this. However I agree with you, more senior with a bit of experience of the real army is a better stance to take than fresh from the factory. I further think that actually it should be the better Officers from a Regiment that go to ATRA not the next one in line.

Joker said:
rickshaw-major said:
orificecadet said:
It would appear R-M, that some corps... use this post as a grounding experience before Phase 2. I know of one Int Corp subbie that did this. However I agree with you, more senior with a bit of experience of the real army is a better stance to take than fresh from the factory. I further think that actually it should be the better Officers from a Regiment that go to ATRA not the next one in line.[/quote]

I suppose in an ideal world that would be true but from my experience the world ain't perfect. If there were enough experienced Officers/WO/SNCO/JNCO to go around this would probably be the system but if I was CO going on Active Service I would hang on to them at all costs.

compus_mentus said:
Litotes said:
wg100 said:

Litotes
More than the thousands of courses before them?
CM

Perhaps, but certainly not more than yours! :boogie:

AY

rickshaw-major said:
orificecadet said:
Very easy, Sit in the corner Sir look smart and sign this paperwork.

That's pretty much what I was expecting MSI64 along with experiences like, sir you've got a cat B range management qual haven't you? Yes? Great take that lot over there and get them shooting.
Or sir, we're mean't to be taking this lot on a loaded march but the pti hasn't shown up, have you got your ETL qual? yes? Great 12 miles that direction, sir, go!
I'm looking forward to it now!

You'll be lucky sunshine. I think you'd be wiser to expect the fol from your Pl Sgt:

"Sir, you've got 15 MYAs and 10 CRs to complete by lunchtime. This afternoon, the CSM needs your pen-pictures for 5 AGAI cases still outstanding. Once your done there, you've still got to re-write that RASP and a couple of EASPs before the OC gets back tomorrow to sign them off. Oh yeah, and the Adjt phoned earlier. You're on ROO today....and tomorrow....and the day after"

Still, I hope this doesn't burst your bubble or your enthusiasm. Good luck!

The factory has beaten all will to resist being dicked for shit jobs out of me. I'm fully expecting to get every bit of paperwork in the AAC into my pigeon hole in the OM in a week and a bits time.