Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations....

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
...to the Corps' only 3-star, Lt Gen JIm Hockenhull, now Lt Gen SIr Jim Hockenhull KCB

It's a long way from Bessbrook.....

Edited to note that it's a KBE, rather than the Bath. Not sure why the distinction.

Last edited:
Can you tell him to get a haircut ;)

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
...to the Corps' only 3-star, Lt Gen JIm Hockenhull, now Lt Gen SIr Jim Hockenhull KCB

It's a long way from Bessbrook.....

Edited to note that it's a KBE, rather than the Bath. Not sure why the distinction.

I doubt he'd remember me (I don't clearly recall him, more just the name) but I supported him on a HCSC a decade or so ago. The standard's high so they sort of blur (I remember Jerry Kyd because he appreciated my nudging him towards Orland's BACKFIRE squadron during force-generation) but he avoided sticking in the memory as one of the few "unpleasant, avoid where possible" types.

Well done him, anyway. And if he's setting the dress standards, there's hope for me yet...

Latest Threads