Congratulations Your Majesty

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Nignoy, Oct 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I shouldnt be surprised really after all I do reside in queensland!! I drove 40kms to the dentist this morning , wondered why the city was empty at
    0930hours , notice on the clinic door closed for Queens birthday, which fxxxing Queen I ask myself??not in any of the other nearbye
    states though only queensland and wa, I have only just got used to xmas in july, it seems whenever they have a cup final or the local
    church outs another paedophile, they make monday a public holiday, at dont know if there is any truth in the rumour, that christmas
    and easter are being moved to january so that a months bank holiday can be put in the calendar, due to the 100,s of sickies taken
    in january most firms are considering closing for the whole month!!
  2. So, toothache, Australian and pissed as well.

How awful for you.
  3. dont get pissed on monday, not australian, and havent got any teeth so no toofache, next question
  4. Think your dentist was having a skive. Queens Birthday is 11 June in Q'land.

5. How do you manage to survive each day without a carer?
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Did you have an appointment?
  7. What the **** does a man with no teeth visit a dentist for? Presumably you've got your next smear test squared away too.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. That's what's I thought but nonetheless today is still a public holiday. In NSW it's Labor Day (spelt spam) and the banana benders do infact have their Majs bday today. Strange people those queenslanders......sounds like he needs to stay off the bong
  9. I shall be flying home to Queensland in two weeks and two sleeps. I expect the captains announcement to be the usual, "Welcome to Brisbane airport, please put your watches back one hour and twenty years"

I love living there but it can be a strange place.
  10. man wiv no teeth going to dentist to collect dentures!!did have an appointment ,but seeing that QLD govt decided the queen was a good excuse to give the voters another long weekend , they got the federal govt to agree to another queens birthday,decision was only made 6 weeks ago hence the confusion, ask the 120 parents who took their children to school in Dalby on monday, I wasnt the only one who did not know it was the queens 3rdbirthday celebration for this year
  11. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

So, a total admin clusterfuck? Looks like failure to read Part One Orders.
  12. Yeah, well don't think things are any better over here in the west. It's a case of time travel back to the 60's. It's only last month that they stopped rolling up the footpaths cause it's after 1700 hrs and introduced all day trading including weekends. Oh, don't mention "daylight saving" it's akin to don't mention the war.
  13. They tried to get daylight saving in Qld a few years ago. It was knocked back as it would confuse cows as to their milking time and would fade curtains as the days would be longer.

Boom tish.
  14. Melbourne's just as bad, I went down there a couple of months ago and the ***** are too lazy to vandalise their own public transport. I had to slash my own seat and scratch "**** da police" on the window. Idle bastards.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Had a similar problem last week, rang Qantas to book a flight over to Cane Toad County, the sheila on the other end asks "How many are flying with you ?" So I said "How the **** would I know ?, it's your friggin plane " Stupid Bitch !!.