Congratulations to MCM DIV

theres always gaps, should that be a reason to promote?

Filbert Fox said:
theres always gaps, should that be a reason to promote?
If they don't pass the quality line then no - BUT - the terms that people have worked towards have changed, with very little notice. My perspective, its a year taken away and no offer of Veng

Like I have said, its an emmotional issue, especially for those who 'lost out' on a WO2 promotion and also didnt apply for a LE commission.

Hope nobody had their uniforms and mess dress altered in anticipation.

This was explained to us on the SMQC course in Nov - Dec 07 and I dare say that it has been mentioned since then at the numerous roadshows that have taken place???

cherryviper said:
This was explained to us on the SMQC course in Nov - Dec 07 and I dare say that it has been mentioned since then at the numerous roadshows that have taken place???
boptollocks said:
Now it seems that MCM Div have somewhat moved the goal post's. I would like to know when this decision was made?
capreolus said:
The information was published in the ETAI for the ODP cadre which was dated May 08 ish but didn’t get fully distributed till November or December. As Leviticus said the DIN was dated September 2008. If you were an eligible SSgt in September 08 with a current recommendation, hopeful for the board only a few months away, than this is a big smack in the face. Is three months notice sufficient? It is when you are in the army! This would be employment tribunal material outside the armed forces (assuming you still had a job).

Clearly the change was needed to allow for manning issues and the introduction of VENG but could this not have been applied to people in their next rank? It just seems like it was all rushed rather than there being any real forward planning. If someone from MCM Div would have visited units and given the information in person to the two ranks concerned it would have been a bit easier to swallow.
LongGoneSilver said:
I seem to remember this was covered on last years AMS roadshow, did you not go to one?
It was and it would appear the information is available... Surprise, what surprise? Advice for future reference: ODPs go to AMS MCM Div roadshows, listen and ask questions.

drain_sniffer said:
Whilst I appreciate the "not guaranteed promotion" bit, MCM div has achieved a bit of an own goal. Lets take my trade - due to the changes in terms and service you now have to do 3 years sub Staffie - BUT, Veng is only being offered to Sgt's and below which means all us Staffies have been sold short a year. So, promotion board comes and only 2 people eligible. I believe the CMT trade is short a number of WO2's now and so will have to give acting to fill the gaps?

Whilst not expecting promotion, I'm pushing it if I do get it next year to achieve pension
I have had a good career but I missed out on the 5 and 8 year bonus, and I'm now being pushed out of a career path by 1 year due to veng and MCM's "flexible" career policy

Bitter - not yet but getting there :D
Not according to the AMS transition plan, Screening for SSGT to transfer to VEng should have been completed by 19 Dec 08, with offers being sent out by 16 Jan 09 provided that your CR/SJAR got to MCM Div in time (with an appropriate grade/recommendation to be considered)

cherryviper said:
drain_sniffer said:
Whilst I appreciate the "not guaranteed promotion" bit, MCM div has achieved a bit of an own goal. Lets take my trade - due to the changes in terms and service you now have to do 3 years sub Staffie - BUT, Veng is only being offered to Sgt's and below which means all us Staffies have been sold short a year. So, promotion board comes and only 2 people eligible. I believe the CMT trade is short a number of WO2's now and so will have to give acting to fill the gaps?

Whilst not expecting promotion, I'm pushing it if I do get it next year to achieve pension
I have had a good career but I missed out on the 5 and 8 year bonus, and I'm now being pushed out of a career path by 1 year due to veng and MCM's "flexible" career policy

Bitter - not yet but getting there :D
Not according to the AMS transition plan, Screening for SSGT to transfer to VEng should have been completed by 19 Dec 08, with offers being sent out by 16 Jan 09 provided that your CR/SJAR got to MCM Div in time (with an appropriate grade/recommendation to be considered)
Not in my trade its not. For EH, its only Sgts and below

Maybe this is a reflection on the number of Seniors to Juniors in your trade, think our trade is the same as havent heard any of the SSgt's in the BMS trade being offered it????

Are you talking about Veng Full or Veng Long.
Veng Full (24yrs) has been offered to most ranks within the AMS it is only Veng Long (6 yr chunks up to 35yrs service) that is being offered selectively.
Particularly within the tech trades which have had hardly any Long offers made despite being undermanned across the board.

I think I'm right in saying that the only 2 ODP's that were offered Veng long have now, or are very shortly, leaving the trade / commissioning and hence in effect there have been no Veng long offers taken up in the ODP trade. Result- those that it could have been offered to are leaving in the next year before the next round of offers are done in a years time.
Good planning MCM Div as usual.

Narcoleptic.zzz said:
I think I'm right in saying that the only 2 ODP's that were offered Veng long have now, or are very shortly, leaving the trade / commissioning and hence in effect there have been no Veng long offers taken up in the ODP trade. Result- those that it could have been offered to are leaving in the next year before the next round of offers are done in a years time.
Obviously some reason that they werent considered to be of benefit to the service any longer!
Some times youve just got to 'scrape em off'.

Narcoleptic.zzz said:
If only life was that simple. I imagine 'at the time of the board' the 2 selected had the right profile and recommendation for VEng 'Long'. The fact that neither will is one of those things. Hay Ho

Filbert Fox said:
Narcoleptic.zzz said:
Obviously some reason that they werent considered to be of benefit to the service any longer!
Some times youve just got to 'scrape em off'.
That's a bit harsh isn't it Filbert?

yep, but something somewhere has been highlighted to those who make the decisions that maybe its not in the interests of the service to keep certain individuals on.

Some are more than happy to try and cling on to a nice comfort zone job for as long as possible, MCM Div have probably looked at what other duties/functions they provide the Army with which befits the rank they hold other than slipping on a set of blues and drawing up 20mls of Diprivan.

Sometimes you have to scrape off the crust(ies) to allow the young shoots with the thrust and fresh ideas to come through.

think of all that pension youd be missing out on!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 42
_Chimurenga_ Gunners 19
Kromeriz The Other Half 141