Confusion over run time at selection

Hi guys, I'm a little confused over what run time I need to hit at the selections center to still be eligible for the Parachute regiment. During my interview the recruiter mentioned that as long as I get at least a 10:30, I can still go forward .. But from all the info I can find it's under 9:18/9:40 or is this time just what's expected at PRAC?

Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm a little confused over what run time I need to hit at the selections center to still be eligible for the Parachute regiment. During my interview the recruiter mentioned that as long as I get at least a 10:30, I can still go forward .. But from all the info I can find it's under 9:18/9:40 or is this time just what's expected at PRAC?

Thanks!

Go for the quicker times, you'll need that to get a place on PRAC.

Okay! Are you able to defer your application and resume it at any point? I don't want to be of sub-standard fitness and waste the training staffs time, I'm not progressing as quick as I would like

There was a lad on my selection who wanted Paras and he ran it in 10 minutes 20 seconds or very close to it, and I think he had to go for second choice. I believe he was deferred and had to re-take selection further down the line, if I'm not mistaken.

Okay, I will probably have to see if I can do selection at a later point then, I received my medical forms a few days ago, it's all happening too quick haha

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Someone, I think it was @sup rec put a very clever diagram thingy on here with all the run times on it, but I can't find it at the moment.

Wired Bandit

Old-Salt

Thanks!

If you get over 9.40 you aint going to the next stage of para selection.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I haven't done my normal selection yet, I was just a bit confused because my recruiter told me in the interview that as long as I got at least a 10:30 at regular selection, I can still attempt prac, is this not correct?

I haven't done my normal selection yet, I was just a bit confused because my recruiter told me in the interview that as long as I got at least a 10:30 at regular selection, I can still attempt prac, is this not correct?

Read the thread again, if you get over 9.40 you will not get to do PRAC, you will be wasting a slot that could be taken up by somebody who has actually prepared for it.

This is what you have to do on PRAC

http://forces.tv/42715381

9:40 is doable mate I had my interview in summer and was told really 9:40 is a pass but you should aim for 9:00-9:10 seconds to get a decent grade/time etc. Bit of hill running, sprinting , jog 3 times a week and it should be within reach.

Train hard, put 100% in on the day and let your adrenalin and that bald PTI bloke shouting at you to hurry up do the rest. ( recycling some advice I was given )

Good stuff mate I leave for Pirbright tomoz , give me a private message in a day or two while I'm away and I'll let you know how it went when I'm back should have some tips and stuff for ya

Man a few months ago i weighed 16 stone and couldnt run for more than 5 mins. now im running at LEAST 40 mins aday and recently got a 9.02 min run time and am waiting for a prac date. still weigh 15 stone though! They was shocked at my time. push yourself more, its the only way to develope some mental grip.

Okay! Are you able to defer your application and resume it at any point? I don't want to be of sub-standard fitness and waste the training staffs time, I'm not progressing as quick as I would like

Nobody ever does. You can argue the case for training goals, but if you're new to it, then it's probably best not to make your result time critical for exactly that reason.

If it were me, I'd get fit enough, then see about an application. If you keep up the training in the meantime, then you'll be eating the PTI's for breakfast, won't you? (just for God's sake, don't make it look easy or you'll single yourself out for some extra beasties)

To keep on the safe side u should aim for 9 minutes at the absolute maximum. To guarantee you a place in basic training I would go for a time of around 8.30 or even 8. You have to remember you are joining the best regiment in the British army so your fitness should stand out over everyone else there.

Latest Threads