Confusion over pay????

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by the_beer_man, Sep 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there. Been looking at the pay scales for 2008. The basic pay for a new entrant is easy enough but I'm not sure about what you earn after that. It's got PTE pay levels 1-7 and there is a higher and lower spine. The long and short is what would I earn once passed out as a basic soldier and how do you go up the in pay levels (is it course based, time served etc)?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to firgure out if I can afford to go reg (been TA for 5 years) and after a long time convincing the wife to go along with it I've suddenly realised that she's got a point with regards to money situation. Want to go down the CMT route but if it's deemed I'm not smart enough then it's Infantry for me.

Many thanks.

2. You'd have to be almost brain dead before we refuse you entry as a CMT.
  3. Bit like that then
  4. Pay levels vary i believe on what trade you become or what corps you join. Im royal signals. I know when i passed basic trainging i went up level then also another level after a year served then not increase to passing out of phase 2. but pay increase for beoming class 2, then its done yearly. I now increase on the day i got promoted. in october i think. but also go up another level once class one. you will be up to level 4-5 within a year and half something like that
  5. Have you thought of a career in JPA and/or the AGC? They could really use your skills.

6. Michael, is English your first language?

I thought you had to have a little bit of intelligence to be in the Royal Signals, clearly forming sentences is not a required skill then?
  7. I was never to good at the english in school. Got a C for writing my name i think