• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Confusion over pay????

Hi there. Been looking at the pay scales for 2008. The basic pay for a new entrant is easy enough but I'm not sure about what you earn after that. It's got PTE pay levels 1-7 and there is a higher and lower spine. The long and short is what would I earn once passed out as a basic soldier and how do you go up the in pay levels (is it course based, time served etc)?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to firgure out if I can afford to go reg (been TA for 5 years) and after a long time convincing the wife to go along with it I've suddenly realised that she's got a point with regards to money situation. Want to go down the CMT route but if it's deemed I'm not smart enough then it's Infantry for me.

Many thanks.

TBM

Pay levels vary i believe on what trade you become or what corps you join. Im royal signals. I know when i passed basic trainging i went up level then also another level after a year served then not increase to passing out of phase 2. but pay increase for beoming class 2, then its done yearly. I now increase on the day i got promoted. in october i think. but also go up another level once class one. you will be up to level 4-5 within a year and half something like that

michael3429 said:
Pay levels vary i believe on what trade you become or what corps you join. Im royal signals. I know when i passed basic trainging i went up level then also another level after a year served then not increase to passing out of phase 2. but pay increase for beoming class 2, then its done yearly. I now increase on the day i got promoted. in october i think. but also go up another level once class one. you will be up to level 4-5 within a year and half something like that
Have you thought of a career in JPA and/or the AGC? They could really use your skills.

Litotes

Michael, is English your first language?

I thought you had to have a little bit of intelligence to be in the Royal Signals, clearly forming sentences is not a required skill then?

Latest Threads