Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Smudgerinsurrey, Feb 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Ok guys... reading these threads you've confused me. Is the RG8 in Elngland a form that we fill in ourselves or does the GP do it?? Do the TA then ask for a set of your medical notes from the GP or is that only if something flags up on your forms???
  2. In my case my unit employs a civvy GP who gave me the medical, filled out a form and then wrote to my GP with a query on a matter that needed further investigation. Asking your recruiting Sgt / WO2 would be the best bet.
  3. I was being hit with a load of info at the time and dont want to look a complete knobber by ringing to ask. Thanks tho mate
  4. RG8 was e mailed over. Had to fill it out and send it back. GP looks at it after I think mate.
  5. RG8 has a section for you to fill in then your GP checks it and adds anything he needs to from your notes.

    My unit had a more basic form that i filled in then gave to the units army doc who gave me a physical. no one contacted my GP.

    varies from unit to unit.