Confused.com!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by trombone84, Jul 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably not the best place to put this if I'm looking for a proper answer. Mods, move at will.

"Using Bow's notation and graphical methods, predict the appropriate reactions, and identify which members are ties and strucs"

see attached pic.

What does this mean?! apart from that i'm a thick cunt??

Edited for being a mong with attachments, twice

Attached Files:

2. There's no pic

3. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

Bows notion is explained (somewhat) here. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but the ties and struts bit is fairly easy. Ties are members acting in tension, struts act in compression.

4. I've just checked and this IS NAAFI.............. so fcuk-off with your struts and ties unless we are talking bondage!

5. It's too complicated. Tippex out the middle bits, beef up the outer triangle and it'll do the job.

I had that drawing on an exam paper once. If you'd only asked sooner, but my head's full of other trivia now.

If you get really stuck, say that you couldn't work it out because you weren't told whether the connections were welded or pin-jointed.

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Its a tent. What do I win?

Whats a strucs?

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Hows this..... :D

[​IMG]

8. those are cheap silicon implants, photoshopped :lol:

9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Fussy barsteward.....

10. barstewardess for you, mr

11. Oh now you've done it! Good-bye studying, see you in hell! I'm off to rape myself over last night's Russian Cheerleaders.

Still, if anyone else has answers I'll be risking my career plumbing the depths of the NAAFI bar from my work computer tomorrow.

12. Errr... where is the upwards force acting? The setup in that diagram is just going to head downwards at ever increasing speed...

13. :? say WHAT??? :?

14. Its diagram to explain the theory of boring thick cnuts like you.

I win - wheres my £10! Lock the thread and shove it in the arssehole

15. I think it's working on the assumption that the structure is already resting on a surface. If not, then the acceleration would only increase up to the relative terminal velocity - unless in a perfect vacuum of course.