confused.com car insurance search

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Little Jack H, Apr 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got to that time of year again, renewal quote for car insurance came through, so went on a web trawl. Renewal was at £353 and with 3 hrs searching managed to find £252

Then telly today ran an ad for www.confused.com promising to search the net for cheapest quotes, thought I'd give 'em a try. They came up with £158 from Kwikfit on the same details and cover!

RESULT!!!!!! Worth having a look if yer UK based and insurance is coming up soon :D

2. Cheers for the link mate, just been on, taken last years £421 down to £297.58, well chuffed.

3. Pleasure, mate. Just got 70 quid off my bro-in-laws too :D

4. Worked for me too when I tried earlier in the year - quote from Norwich Union was around £700, but confused.com quote for Norwich Union was £550. Went with them on the cheaper quote!

5. not as good as egg.com who are offering 50 pound cash back when you buy their insurance with your egg credit card if you have one.

6. That does look good! But... you have to get insured by 14th June.
    Lucky you if your current insurance runs out then, but it's not worth cancellation fees...

7. I am trying to get a quote but it does not like my occupation as a soldier. I have tried army and it gives me the option of the salvation army or the TA! Navy and RAF are listed but not anything remotely to do with the army apart from military policeman which I am definately not. Any help appreciated.

8. Thanks matey

I just got my Vectra quote down to £323.25 from previously quoted £654.45.

Many thanks

9. H. M. Forces Worked for me!!!!

Chers

10. Thanks, just saved myself £100.

11. Cheers Jack

Saved myself a few quid, only about 40 quid but better in my pocket than theirs.

Sparky