Confused as to who to vote for?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Grey_Mafia65, Apr 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Let Party Matcher help you out!

Firstly assign points to the issues that concern you most then answer a number of questions and it'll tell you which party best suits your views.

HOWEVER, I felt sure the way my views go it was going to come up with the BNP, instead it's said my views are more Labour-orientated!! 8O Quite where it says stop all immigration and Social Security benefits to the idle in the Labour manifesto escapes me...

2. 58% of me is Tory going by that, which is odd, considering I always vote that way!

Hmmm, that will feck off a few who think im a down and out BNPist ;)
  3. Bloody hell it says I'm a Tory, I've never been that left wing in my life :wink:
  4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Labour 58%
    Conservative 49%
    Limp dem 42%

If they are all sharing the same percentage (roughly) of my views, doesn't that say there is little to tell them apart and that they bend their policies to reflect newspaper headlines?
  5. 74% Tory. But I'm still going to vote SNP (or "Eric Joyce is a twunt" as it is known locally - or would be if the neds knew what a 'twunt' was!)

Edited to add - 45% Limp Dim (but only if they allow hunting Sven with hounds) and 43% Filthy Rotten Scoundrel.
  6. There is not much betwen them

Lib Dems 61%

Tories 58%

Labour 55%

Hope Whet doesn't see this :p
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'm taking the radical step of moving back to Edinburgh next week so sadly I'll be denied the pleasure of voting against the reptile.

Unfortunately, I think the 'monkey with a red rosette' vote will be out in force.
  8. Hope you are moving to where Darling is standing so you can vote against him :twisted:
  9. Conservative Party, gosh that was a surprise a 71% one.
  10. Don't go canvassing there i did years ago, there all blasted flats, rows of them!
  11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Sadly not: Edinburgh North & Leith. Still get to vote against a Labour monkey though :)
  12. I know I stay in one :p
  13. Pilton you are posh :twisted:

Mark Lazarowicz = TW@
  14. At least it's not the late lamented mace dropper! now he was a twat.
  15. Of course they all bend themselves to appeal to newspaper headlines and fill the middle ground... we live in a country where policy is often dictated by tabloid headlines. Only need to look at the drug laws and the recent mephedrone drivel to see that (coupled with all the actual scientists leaving the advisory panel because the Govt wont listen when science is at odds with their views (or rather the headlines)).

Anyhow... that aside, apparently I am most in agreement (65%) with the Tories.