Confused about Joining

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Tanter, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the title may suggest I am confused about joining, and the Army Website isn't helpful, so I thought more knowledgful minds might be useful. If I want to join the Army as a Para, or RMP for example, how do I do it? Do I just start my application to join one of them, or do I decide once i'm in?
  2. I was never confused.
  3. Confusion about your sexuality is normal at your age.

The way to tell is this - if you push back you are certainly a gayer.
  4. Your first port of call should be your local Careers Office. They will speak to you about your motivations for joining and book you in for a BARB Test. Your score on this test (alongside other formal qualifications you hold) will give you a list of trades that you're eligible for employment in.

It's at this point that you will make your shortlist of chosen trades, and potentially have to undergo further tests dependant upon those choices.

Good luck - get down the Careers Office.
  5. Thank you for that seriou reply, I will contact my Careers Office later in the week
  6. As above, speak to teh Army Careers Information Office.

They can talk to you, assess your capabilties and tell you what you can go for... once you have your list of what you can go for, they can tell you about each job. You pick which one you want to do.

All you need at this stage is an inkliing that you may enjoy the Army.
  7. Spoilsport.
  8. And a sense of humour, essential.
  9. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

10. soreeeee..............
  11. Well, that was a waste of my eyesight.
  12. And this drivel is?

Oh, and steady on with the "knowledgful minds" bit, Pandora's box lid is creaking open.
  13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Just don't do it again.

14. Is she fit and why does she have a lid on her box?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.