conflicting communications

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by fuzzhead, Apr 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i was told last month by afco that i am to attend adsc at lichfield on the 29th of may and to come in to the office on the friday before at 8.30am for a briefing and my train tickets

i was having a nap this thursday and around 6pm i was called woke up and answered and i was asked if this is ... and was asked if i was aware i am attending on the 29th of may i said yes he then said he would email me the information and call me a week before attending to make sure theres no problems i was like great no problems thankyou

didnt recieve an email and still havent ( wasnt asked to give email as they recieved that on a form at my first interview )

i have my AFCO saved on my phone and it wasnt that number and it shows up on my phone as no number

unsure what to do next im thinking call afco first thing monday
    but i dont know if thats the right thing incase they think im impatient ?

2. The NRC only took over control of candidates from the end of March so if the initial call was made by your old Recruiter then as such ignore that. You need to contact the NRC and your Candidate Manager (CSM) will be able to help. Remember those in the AFCO's are now no longer incharge or hold any information on you and are passed your journals electronically for interview/nurturing purposes only. Your application is fully run by the NRC and their individual desks at each stage of the process.
  3. They're going to kill you in your sleep.

(Sorry Disco).
  4. should i give them abit longer for the email or contact them right away ?
  5. A lot of things have changed since the 60's when you joined Sluggy.....there not allowed to kill applicants anymore.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I would contact the NRC tomorrow (closed now I believe) and confirm they have the right email address and if they are sending by email or post. You still have a week so plenty of time.
  7. im going may not april ;) by anychance where can i find the number

thanks very much by the way
  8. 29th April is 8 days away, 29th May is even over a week in my books...unless I'm mistaken??

Just phone the NRC number on the Army website and explain the situation and they will put you in touch with the relevant people or your CSM.
  9. no 29th of may :p and i know someone who hasnt been to pre adsc only had one interview and has been given a date for adsc at lichfield before me how come when i has had my pre adsc and 2 interviews done before he had had one
  10. Maybe it went on looks?????

Well if you have done more than the other person and had more time to prepare you should smash out a better grade and hopefully get a place.
  11. there is no HOPEFULLY it will be achieved better not be any snow soon though as everytime ive got my running training increasing great its snowed for a bloody week