Conflicting advice

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by possforta, Sep 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay, is there a definitive answer to this one?
    Different people have told me different things.
    Should the Smock have creases down the sleeves or not? And if so, where does the crease go on the sleeve with the pocket on? Through the middle of the pocket, behind it, in front?
    Thanks.

2. Your RSM will have the definitive answer for your unit. Ask him or your Tp Sgt/Pl Sgt/Pl Comd/OC etc. That way you won't get all the conflicting advice you are bound to get on here from a bunch of civvies who have never served, but think they know it all 'cos Great Uncle Dave served in the Home Guard in 1943.

3. If your from the Rifles take my advice iron it in the tumble drier thats what we do.

Swift and Bold

4. if the rsm wants zig zag creases that obviously the right way

5. Lay it on the ironing board, adjust collar. Whack it straight down the middle of the sleeve, regardless of where the pocket is. Make sure the shoulder gets a crease too. If you have wings, dags, DZs etc make sure it runs stright through the middle of them too (though you should iron it before sewing/glueing/wonder-webbing them on - only way to mount them central and straight).
    Been doing it 19 years, and now walking round with a stick and big badge making sure the lads get it right too.

6. why you a chelase pensioner or in charge of boy scouts

7. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

We have to iron stuff?

8. Its a field jacket... Don't iron it unless you're told to. If you're told to ask how. Job Jobbed!

9. As you can see there are many different ways of ironing the damn thing and it mainly depends on your RSMs whims, personally I iron the sleeves flat so there is no crease.

10. Never iron creases in anything. If someone picks you up for it, just state that "there are no straight lines in nature"

11. I am surprised that no one has spouted the old bullsh*t that ironing destroys the IRR qualities yet. Come on people you are slacking :biggrin:

12. ....Well first off you should never iron CS95 has the heat of the iron..........
    happy now CAARPS?

13. Good, thats better :biggrin:

14. I aim to please and would hate to let the side down, has it been mentioned that you shouldn't really put creases in things as there are no straight lines in nature?;-)