• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

conflict of interest - cops running a business on duty??

The Independent Police Complaints Commission needs to look at this - toothless bunch though they are.

There should be an urgent Review of this bunch of ACPO crooks by Parliament. The Home Affairs Select Committee, at the very least, need to launch an investigation. It is an utter scam.

Is it a coincidence that it started in 1997 as a private company, after Labour won the election? They've set them up like this to make them easier to control. It wasn't just Ian Blair who was lodged up the Labour Party - most chief constables are these days.

Boosting this annual surplus are a number of ACPO subsidiaries which sell ‘police’ services. It recently set up ACRO – the ACPO Criminal Records Office – which sells so-called police certificates which reveal whether someone has a criminal record.

Headed by retired Hampshire Deputy Chief Constable Ian Readhead, who has a £50,000 contract with ACPO, it provides the documents required by people applying for visas to work or live in the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

Until now visa applicants could obtain these details by making what was known as a ‘subject access request’ to the police. The maximum charge for these requests was £10.

But according to the US Embassy, ACPO approached them and offered to provide their own criminal record certificates. These are now the only documents acceptable for visa applications.

ACPO charges the public up to £70 for its ‘premium service’, while its standard service – which takes ten days – costs £35

It's all about the money

msr said:
Boosting this annual surplus are a number of ACPO subsidiaries which sell ‘police’ services. It recently set up ACRO – the ACPO Criminal Records Office – which sells so-called police certificates which reveal whether someone has a criminal record.

Headed by retired Hampshire Deputy Chief Constable Ian Readhead, who has a £50,000 contract with ACPO, it provides the documents required by people applying for visas to work or live in the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

Until now visa applicants could obtain these details by making what was known as a ‘subject access request’ to the police. The maximum charge for these requests was £10.

But according to the US Embassy, ACPO approached them and offered to provide their own criminal record certificates. These are now the only documents acceptable for visa applications.

ACPO charges the public up to £70 for its ‘premium service’, while its standard service – which takes ten days – costs £35

It's all about the money
Tell me about it, I've had to shell out for me and Mrs G's.

ugly said:
dingerr said:
charliecharlieone said:
UK is down the pits...........bug out!!
I argee. But where do we bug out to. Is there a nation out there with some morals?
Zimbabwe perhaps, at least its starting to come out of the darkness now!
I suspect we will follow them into hyper inflation soon!
What? and become a farmer?

No thank you.

This is OUTRAGEOUS! How can this be allowed?

No wonder my son-in-law, a policemen, has directed his sons to the Army. (Result for me though).

My sadness is that I perceive a similar attitude creeping into the Armed Forces: The 'COMPLIANT ONES'. 'Jockstrap', Walker, Jackson, et al.

Edited for poor spelling!

ugly

LE
dingerr said:
ugly said:
dingerr said:
charliecharlieone said:
UK is down the pits...........bug out!!
I argee. But where do we bug out to. Is there a nation out there with some morals?
Zimbabwe perhaps, at least its starting to come out of the darkness now!
I suspect we will follow them into hyper inflation soon!
What? and become a farmer?

No thank you.
I think that in about 10 years time it will be an easier time being a farmer there than here!
Mind you I cant seem to find the irony smiley!