Configuring my old printer to new Vista computer

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Private_Pike, Feb 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've recently replaced (courtesy of a necessary insurance claim) my laptop. The new model is great but has Microsoft Vista which is an 'upgrade' from my old XP system. Unfortunately the fcucker won't install my 'old' HP 6500 printer. I keep getting come crap about having to upgrade to XP come up in an error box. Do I need to replace my printer as well or is there a way around this?
  2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I'm taking it you've checked the manufacturer's website support section for vista drivers???
  3. msr

msr LE

4. Yeah you will probabily need to upgrade the printer as there will not be ay vista drivers for te printer. Ty logging onto the printer manufacturers website to see if there are any vista drivers, if not PM me what type of printer you would like & i'll get you a price for one, as I run my own computer repair company

5. Thanks all. Cheers MSR all installed now. After a 36 hour day and locking my keys in the car, I've been having a bit of a mong day.

If anyone needs any advice on slim jimming their way into a Volkswagen then I'm now a expert.