Confessions of a walt...

wildcard.rgbw

War Hero
I have a confession to make, I am a university student and a member of the TA... I wear the issued shemagh at uni as a scarf, I wear my regimental t-shirt which shows my unit plastered on the back... but I take pride in that anyway... are these walt-crimes? Does anyone have any other confessions of gratuitous walting?
 
It's certainly unnecessary.

Especially the shemagh bit. Do you wear your softie to the pub when it's cold?

If you're going for that "i'm in civvies so nothing to do with the army, but i'm sooo in the army" chic then G10 is not the way to do it. Try 5.11, blackhawk, underarmour, black north face fleece/duvet jacket etc.
 

iamalondoncrab

War Hero
wildcard.rgbw said:
I have a confession to make, I am a university student and a member of the TA... I wear the issued shemagh at uni as a scarf, I wear my regimental t-shirt which shows my unit plastered on the back... but I take pride in that anyway... are these walt-crimes? Does anyone have any other confessions of gratuitous walting?
If by TA you mean OTC, then yes, and you should go and die in a fire.
 
Better than a squaddy walting as a STABby student, at least.
 

CocoaKid

Old-Salt
iamalondoncrab said:
wildcard.rgbw said:
I have a confession to make, I am a university student and a member of the TA... I wear the issued shemagh at uni as a scarf, I wear my regimental t-shirt which shows my unit plastered on the back... but I take pride in that anyway... are these walt-crimes? Does anyone have any other confessions of gratuitous walting?
If by TA you mean OTC, then yes, and you should go and die in a fire.
I do like you Crabcakes :)
 

iamalondoncrab

War Hero
CocoaKid said:
iamalondoncrab said:
wildcard.rgbw said:
I have a confession to make, I am a university student and a member of the TA... I wear the issued shemagh at uni as a scarf, I wear my regimental t-shirt which shows my unit plastered on the back... but I take pride in that anyway... are these walt-crimes? Does anyone have any other confessions of gratuitous walting?
If by TA you mean OTC, then yes, and you should go and die in a fire.
I do like you Crabcakes :)
Aw, thankyou CK :oops: When's Mr CK back? It's soon, right?
 

wildcard.rgbw

War Hero
No no no you got me wrong! They don't even have OTC! I was TA long before I joined uni because I didn't have a A lvls I simply did a 1st diploma and blagged my way through as a "mature student! :>

I do have an old unit photo they're are some OTC wearing the smemagh... inspiration noted!
 
Old enough to know better then and old enough to buy a scarfe

Edited for mongnesss
 

wildcard.rgbw

War Hero
I'm so attached to it though, over 5 years now!

As a side note, alot of the Asian's in my college (though I am studying a degree), seem to think wearing them in different colours is in fashion...

I went through the gucci kit phase when I started my phase 1, than the impulses calmed down until I realised I could buy a windproof smock for £10!!!
 
diffrent colours may mean somebody supports rival palenstian camps or more likey what was avilable on the market stall :roll:
 

GLIDER

Old-Salt
Hang on a minute, why wear a shemagh anyway? Are you walting as Dot Cotton aswell???
 

Mugatu2

Old-Salt
Wearing wrapped neatly around one's head and face in a really bad sandstorm: Ally.

Wearing loosely hanging from round the neck anywhere in the UK (including bluewater shopping arcade, student union bars, or any branch of "Starbucks"), teamed up with skinny jeans and converse all stars: Studenty.

It's not really walty, but it's a bit sad. Sorry.
Have you considered a career on Hollyoaks? :wink:
 

wildcard.rgbw

War Hero
Funny you should mention hollyoaks but I actually did a performing arts course before I started my business degree ;)
 

GLIDER

Old-Salt
Tart
 

wildcard.rgbw

War Hero
I still ponder how that performing arts diploma will help further my career as a reservist?

By the way, I found a cracking picture of Mike Golden but with his skinny friend, what a legend! I only just went through the thread this last week and have never been so entertained or reduced to tears of joy!!!
 
Screw_The_Nut said:
fraudstar said:
Do you wear your softie to the pub when it's cold?
:oops:
Please tell me you don't wear you gore-tex when it's raining.
 

wildcard.rgbw

War Hero
I use a poncho! Its one the most ally pieces of kit ever!!!
 
S

Screw_The_Nut

Guest
fraudstar said:
Screw_The_Nut said:
fraudstar said:
Do you wear your softie to the pub when it's cold?
:oops:
Please tell me you don't wear you gore-tex when it's raining.
God no. And in my defense i turned the softie inside out, the other side being black. Still no excuse...
 

Latest Threads

Top