Confession Time. Did you ever vote for Blair?

If ever, when did you vote for Blair?

• In the 1997 General Election

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In the 2001 General Election

• In the 2005 General Election

• I have never voted for Blair

• Total voters
Ok, honestly:

After reading the thread entitled "Where did it go wrong for you", I thought a survey on who voted for Blair would be a good gauge of when the ill-feeling started.

Praetorian said:
Ok, honestly:

After reading the thread entitled "Where did it go wrong for you", I thought a survey on who voted for Blair would be a good gauge of when the ill-feeling started.
Yes, I felt mildly ashamed then and even more so now.

Now in Clarke's constituency Labour will NOT have my vote. If I was a few miles north I would vote for Ian Gibson; even though he's Labour.

Until 2005 possibly (late 2004?) I was holding out hope that Blair had played things cleverly; Iraq was a mess but America would owe us one (JSF software codes anyone?). NHS had money poured in and it WOULD help.

Now; well, PFI, PPP, the NHS, the treatment of the armed forces, his own stupid fecking obsession with his "legacy" - the only thing I'd vote Blair for is cnut of the millenium.

But I'm not voting Tory next time, or Lib Dem, or UKIP, or BNP... which leaves me with Green Party... so spoiled vote then...

I just can't vote Tory; but who else is there who'd look after the armed forces, have the strength of conviction to stand up to America/UN/Europe, treat the public services with respect, remove PFI/PPP from the face of this earth and not be lying gits?

I'm sure it will surprise you all to know I never have and never will vote for Bliar or Liarbour.

(Rustles Torygraph and dreams of Maggie...)

I've only voted in one election - 2005 and it certainly wasn't for Labour.

which leaves me with Green Party...
Have you read their manifesto? They most definitely would not serve the best interests of our Armed Forces.

(Rustles Torygraph and dreams of Maggie...)
Me too Dozy. I was only a child during her premiership but how I wish she could come back and save this country.

Newbie_Girl said:

Have you read their manifesto? They most definitely would not serve the best interests of our Armed Forces.
I know all about the Green Party. A friend of mine will be standing in the local elections for the Green Party.

Locals are very different to nationals though; I think they have a role to play in the local politics by blocking some inappropriate development.

Nationally; it's between the big three generally... and I don't like any of them. David Cameron will be worse than Tony Blair. All talk, trousers negative. Testicles yet to be confirmed

Newbie_Girl said:

Sod that, I'll vote Tory, simply because theres no-one else :)

Hmmm, I'm seeing a few votes kncoking about.

Someone must have voted for him, or is this like post-War France where everyone was a member of the resistance and not a collaborator.

Ummm, all these commies clicking but not admitting....

I will never & could never vote Tory. Not even if my life depended on it. I understand what you're saying about Blair & his fecking' 'legacy' & I do feel he has finally lost the plot. But Cameron & his cronies are clueless.

This country remembers 18 yrs of Tory rule & the thought of allowing idiots like this http://scrapwelfare.50webs.com/index.html to run the country again quite frightens people.

Hung parliament it is then. Liberals will back Labour & the Tories will decline even more, me thinks.

I have ALWAYS voted Labour btw.

I voted for the two faced cunt. I was sincerely threaders with 18 years of the conservative party and Blair promised so much it seemed too good to be true. He lied. What a fcuking mistake I made.

I'm very sorry.

fcol64 said:
This country remembers 18 yrs of Tory rule & the thought of allowing idiots like this http://scrapwelfare.50webs.com/index.html to run the country again quite frightens people.

I have ALWAYS voted Labour btw.
Eeh......The good old days..........

You, my friend, sounded like my dad did 5-6 years ago "I have ALWAYS voted Labour". well he has now saw the error of his ways, mind it has taken him 78 years to learn....how long will it take you?
PS He had me telling him constantly that he knew nothing of the policies of labour.....he agreed but hey "I have ALWAYS voted Labour, always will"

Well he didn't in the end.

O2Thief said:
I voted for the two faced cunt. I was sincerely threaders with 18 years of the conservative party and Blair promised so much it seemed too good to be true. He lied. What a fcuking mistake I made.

I'm very sorry.
Its ok O2. If you say sorry it will all be ok......

I've owned up to some sh*t in my life, but, to my shame, I DID vote Labour for the first (and last) time in my life in '97. When my Grandad told me what a Labour Govt would do if they got in, I took it with a pinch of salt. Many years later, EVERYTHING he said has happened.

Now I feel I owe my Grandad an apology. All the things he fought for from 1934 to 1945 have been trodden on by this rabble, I'll never vote for the barstewards again! :pissedoff: