Conduct After Capture / Resistance Training

#21
Lantern_Swinger said:
The theory is it keeps you alive long enough to be found and rescued, not necessairily as long as Terry Waite though!
No, it keeps you from blabbing the naughty bits long enough for them to be changed....about three days.

eg Mission, Crypto, DOPs, PUPs, Conflictions etc etc
 
#22
moving-target-survivor said:
Lantern_Swinger said:
The theory is it keeps you alive long enough to be found and rescued, not necessairily as long as Terry Waite though!
No, it keeps you from blabbing the naughty bits long enough for them to be changed....about three days.

eg Mission, Crypto, DOPs, PUPs, Conflictions etc etc
Yep, this as well!
 
#23
Filbert Fox said:
Lantern_Swinger said:
I get the impression you haven't been exposed to this side of CAC training
you get the wrong impression then.
Evidently...
 
#24
Lantern_Swinger said:
You mean WE returned any captured troops, after a bit of R2I. Try telling that to the RE SSgt & LCpl who were captured, then executed!
remember the incident, but cant find anything thaty says that they were captured and executed, only:

'Two British soldiers were reported missing, later confirmed as killed, after an attack on British military vehicles in southern Iraq on Sunday 23 March 2003.'

'The Colonel from his barracks came around to our house to tell us he was not executed. Luke's Land Rover was ambushed and he died instantly. '

Information on their deaths can be found under the Armys Freedom of Information Act Case No. 09-01-2006-161705-017

The only person who said that they were executed was Blair, quickly followed by:

'the prime minister's official spokesman later began backtracking from that position, saying there was no "absolute evidence" that they had been executed.'
 
#26
jonny956 said:
And all that whilst still looking fabbo for that centre spread in the next copy of 'big boys in leather boots'......
When is the next issue of big boys in leather boots out - i'll put an order in with my newsagent !
 
#27
whocares said:
Ni-- E--io-t was the RMP CP captured in Africa in 98/99 in I remember correctly?
You do...it was!
 
#28
you should have said:

it was, you do!
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#29
whocares said:
Ni-- E--io-t was the RMP CP captured in Africa in 98/99 in I remember correctly?
Didn't he get a good f*cking kicking though for trying to be clever with them?
 
#30
Whait is all this b0llocks???????

Action on being captured by insurgents:-

1. Fall to knees blubbing like a five year old.
2. Let them spit roast you.


Worked for me!
 
#32
moving-target-survivor said:
ACAB said:
1. Fall to knees blubbing like a five year old.
2. Let them spit roast you.
we're not discussing you're dodgy fcking sex life ACAB :D
You are now, and, of course its time for amendment No1,

3. Tell them EVERYTHING, (if you don't know, make it up).
4. ABSOLUTELY INSIST that they get the right size orange boiler suit (After all, you're going to be on tele FFS!!)
5. Volunteer to sharpen any knives they might have (you know it makes sense!!)
 
#33
If RMP CP Teams needed CAC Trg a few years ago, and things have got considerably more dangerous now then why has it been removed from PDT.

Oh silly me, it is because some spineless officer at CPU who did a CP tour in Cyprus 20 years ago wants to save money and time. Then again it won't be his ass in a sling will it.
 
#34
Biscuits_AB said:
whocares said:
Ni-- E--io-t was the RMP CP captured in Africa in 98/99 in I remember correctly?
Didn't he get a good f*cking kicking though for trying to be clever with them?

He certainly did, although at one point he was certain that he was about to be 'despatched' and so made a threat that he was gonna shag the b==ns wife when he got away, this was made worse by the fact that he tried to bite the 'interegator's' nose!!!!

Nice lad, shame how he left the glorious Corps!
 
#35
whocares said:
Biscuits_AB said:
whocares said:
Ni-- E--io-t was the RMP CP captured in Africa in 98/99 in I remember correctly?
Didn't he get a good f*cking kicking though for trying to be clever with them?

He certainly did, although at one point he was certain that he was about to be 'despatched' and so made a threat that he was gonna shag the b==ns wife when he got away, this was made worse by the fact that he tried to bite the 'interegator's' nose!!!!

Nice lad, shame how he left the glorious Corps!
Thing to remember is, he knew no better! This was the reason CP Teams received practical training thereafter. The other 3 people he was with all did as they were trained and he took the heat off them because he hadn't been...they weren't about to advise him otherwise either...nice guys to be caught in a fix with, eh?
 
#36
Without wishing to point any fingers there is a little bit of walting going on around here.

CP is a necessary part of life and I know there are some top operators in the RMP.

If you have ben captured and taken hostage, as someone who is part of a BG team in a deployed formation, then a considerable number of people wil have had to have fcuked up at once.

If you are on CP duties in support of FCO then you should have had some form of pre-deployment training. Risk Management is the name of the game here, and the risks would seem to be more compelling in other areas just at the moment.

There is a good reason why a degree of OPSEC surrounds this topic.

If you need to know, you will be told.
 
#38
This book might be if interest to anyone looking at the theoretical side of training for CAC or hostage survival.

Strong Belief, in anything: values, cap badge, friends, family or religion turns out to be what helps people most in captivity.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0547985533/?tag=armrumser-20




A must for every budding walt's bookshelf
 
#39
Not bad, 8 years and it's back in the room :)
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top