Condoms spread aids!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by TopBadger, Sep 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7014335.stm

What a daft thing to say in a country so affected by AIDS.

Interesting stats though, "it is estimated that 16.2% of Mozambique's 19m inhabitants are HIV positive" and "some 17.5% of Mozambicans are Catholic."

Lets just hope that the affected are all catholics and don't go outside their religion... they can kill themselves off, stupid bastards.

TB

2. Sounds good to me! It has the same effect on population control....

The main reason that Aids is so rife in Africa is not Homosexuality but Prostitution and un-protected sex. Men go away to work and still want thier end away, return home and infect thier wives and un-born children as well.

How many end up in Briton as illegals and except free NHS treatment?

3. Oh. My. God. Do I feel for those AIDS activists...how on earth do they keep at it every day in the face of such willful blindness?

Right, that's it. The stupid, macho, ignorant bullsh!t propagated to make men feel better about spreading the disease to their partners couldn't have anything to do with the rate of infection/death. :evil:

If he's going to charge an EU-wide genocidal conspiracy, he'd better be prepared to name names. Except that he won't want to jeopardize his Catholic support up here. Cupid stunt.

4. Condoms spread aids!!

Ofcourse they do, if you forget to change them....

Coat? Yes, the one with the hood, thanks.

5. Its a good point well made... if only they turned them inside out...

6. ....and in South Africa, "South Africa's health minister Manto Tshabalala-Msimang said this week she wanted to give citizens choices, including traditional treatments like garlic, lemons and beetroots, instead of championing anti-retroviral drugs. "

That'll work :roll:

7. Hello,

practicing Catholics are highly unlikely to catch AIDS as it is primarily spread by sexual promiscuity and having sex with anyone other than their spouses is regarded as a very serious sin.
    Not using a condom on the other hand is a far more minor sin.
    To suggest a Catholic would have sex outside marriage against their religion but refuse to use a condom because it was a sin is not very logical.
    Would a murderer refuse to use a gun on his victim because guns are illegal?
    Nor is it logical to suggest any link between the percentages you quote,17.8% of the population is Muslim and 24.25% are not religious,are you suggesting they are less likely to catch Aids?

tangosix.

8. and which planet are you on ?

9. And to suggest Catholics are any more logical, and less hypocritical than subscribers of any other superstition is plain stoopid. People won't be persuaded to abstain from rumpy pumpy. Cheap dig, I know, but is there anything in the Bible which says 'though shalt not finger little boys' bottoms'? If there is, a surprising number of priests do not subscribe to that 'logic.'

10. When people are indoctrinated by religious extremism, logic goes out the window. I've got a Catholic mate who got his Catholic girlfriend pregnant because they wouldn't use birth control. Fortunately, neither of them have any life threatening diseases.

I know a woman who tried to kill her unborn child before abortion was legalised in Britain. She did this to avoid the shame that would be caused to her strict, Protestant family if she had a baby out of wedlock.

It's not as good as you think. There was a recent spate of child rapes throughout southern Africa. Turned out that the local witch doctors had been spreading the rumour that men could cure themselves of HIV by having sex with a virgin. Hence girls, some of them only toddlers, were being abducted, raped and infected.

In answer to your question, about 1 in 20 people claiming asylum in the UK are HIV positive compared with about 1 in 1,000 of the general population.

The head of immigration at the Home Office famously stated that the government has 'no idea' how many illegal immigrants are in the UK so it's impossible to determine how many of them have HIV.

However government statistics show that 90% of HIV patients are infected abroad, primarily in Malawi and Zimbabwe. As these are not leading holiday destinations for Brits, I'm sure you can draw the same conclusions as I did.

11. Sarnian - there is a great deal in the Bible which says thou shall not abuse children indeed there is a great deal which lays down the laws on sexual behaviour. The problem is that people don't follow those laws.

If we did follow Leviticus the world would be a much safer and better place.

Oh and I speak as one who has not followed the message.

12. Having said that the Catholic church's views on condoms, as on many other matters, are not really very sensible.

13. How can you possibly say that about a world without bacon sandwiches?

14. It's not logical, but that doesn't stop it from being true. It's common in South and Central America as well