Condolences 20 September 2007- Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RoyalAnglianMum, Sep 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 2 British soldiers killed in Road Traffic Accident in Afghanistan
    20 Sep 07
    It is with much sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm that two soldiers serving with the 2nd Battalion The Mercian Regiment (Worcesters and Foresters) have died in a road traffic accident in southern Afghanistan today, Thursday 20 September 2007.

Shortly after 3am local time, the soldiers were taking part in a re-supply mission in support of Operation Palk Wahel, 5km south west of their patrol base in an area north of Gereshk, Helmand province, when the Pinzgauer vehicle they were travelling in came off the road.

Sadly, both soldiers were declared dead at the scene. No enemy forces were involved.

The soldiers’ next of kin have been informed and have requested a period of grace before further details are released

2. RIP fellas.

We will not forget.

3. RIP

another waste of life that should never have happened

4. Rest In Peace brave souls.

My sincere condolences to all those who're grieving the loss of their loved one.

Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.
    ~ Jacques Prévert

5. RIP fellas

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

RTA's the biggest killer s of our young men and women. My Bn lost more in 3 years in BAOR through DD than from enemy action in 13 tours of NI!

7. Yet another long to wait to find out who... RIP

8. RIP

sincere condolences to families and friends

9. R.I.P

Thoughts with family and friends.

10. RIP

Deepest sympathy.

11. Rest in peace

Never Forgotten.

12. Thiss is terrible news. RIP guys.

13. Not good news.

RIP.

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RIP Lads.
    Thoughts are with your families at this time.

15. R.I.P fellas